My family and another just returned from an 8 day vacation in Belize, part of which was spent in San Ignacio. This hotel was an oasis. The staff was phenomenal and exceeded all expectations. Every member of the staff, from the front desk, to the manager, to the concierge, to the singer/waiter, to the cleaning staff, was super friendly and helpful. We have traveled all over the world. The people of Belize and San Ignacio were right there with the best of the rest. Our concierge, Onil, was helpful prior to our arrival in planning things for us to do (and there is plenty to do in San Ignacio for the activity tourist). We connected with him initially via email once we had booked our reservation. We find sites like Trip Advisor and others to be helpful in planning the broad agenda for a vacation, but rely on local connections to plan details. Onil was magnificent in every respect. In one instance, we planned a cave tubing trip with a company we found on the web. When we arrive in San Ignacio, we discussed details of our trip. Onil said that he was not familiar with the tubing outfitter we selected via the web. He recommened a few alternatives that he was familiar with from prior guest experiences and his own connections. No pressure. We switched to a different company Onil suggested from a prior guest experience. Onil suddenly seemed to get cold feet and he reiterated that he did not personally know them. On the day we went tubing we drove the 30 minutes to the outfiter and found Onil drove there himself and arrived ahead of us just to ensure we were taken care of. Once satisfied, he left for work back at the hotel. Similar experiences with other staff members.
While at the hotel, we stayed in the honeymoon suite (25th wedding anniversary) while our 18 and 21 yr old kids stayed in a separate room. Great pool. Great restaurant food. the casino next door is no Vegas, but it has slots and blackjack and offers a nice diversion for all after an active day. Recommend walking down the hill from the hotel into town to experience local restaurants and shops. Very safe and relaxed environment. Lots of activities nearby - cave tubing, exploring Mayan ruins, ATM cave (a must experience unless you have claustrophobia), iguana trial, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open to guests since 1976, San Ignacio Resort Hotel provides unsurpassed levels of luxury and Belizean hospitality. The Resort has been awarded with the title HOTEL OF THE YEAR 2016/2012, RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2016, and HOSPITALITY AWARD 2015 by the Belize Tourism Board. Perched on a hillside located within a 17-acre private estate, 72 miles west of Belize City, gives the Resort its unique name of "the only jungle in town". A short walk puts you in downtown San Ignacio or in the middle of Belize's ancient Maya temples known as Cahal Pech. The Hotel offers various amenities where visitors can relax and enjoy amazing views of Belize. In addition, it is home to the award-wining Green Iguana Conservation Project, located on-site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your San Ignacio Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Ignacio Hotel San Ignacio
- San Ignacio Resort Hotel Belize