1,251 results
All reviews iguana project reuben in town balcony room master suite green iguana housekeeping staff i highly recommend this hotel on site turn down service mayan ruins steep hill the entire staff welcome drink cayo district medicinal trail restaurant staff
Reviewed 26 June 2018

This was my third visit to the San Ignacio Resort. I've traveled the last three years with a group of educators from Boise State University conducting field studies and enjoying the amazing country of Belize. The resort staff and consistently gone out of their way to make our stay amazing. They've succeeded every time! Marlon, Pearla, and the entire staff at San Ignacio Resort make everyone feel like royalty. I can't wait to return next summer!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great, but I would recommend pool side or garden suites.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
StephSIRH, Manager at San Ignacio Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear Mr. Tim, we are very pleased that we have been your constant hotel of choice when you're in San Ignacio, Belize. As always, don't hesitate to let us know if you're visiting again soon. Our team is always ready to help you with anything and we look forward to being your home away from home.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

we loved our room with the patio and hammock! such a great bed and shower. The extra touches like homemade fudge and cookies were really sweet. we booked 2 tours with the hotel and every detail was perfect. All of the staff were very helpful and professional. Ate a lot of meals there also and LOTS of drinks by the pool. The pasta straws were a cool touch that we're still talking about. Played tennis, swam, saw iguanas and so so many beautiful birds

Room Tip: we liked the room on the side away from the road, quieter
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
StephSIRH, Manager at San Ignacio Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear mssdaking, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your overall hotel experience. We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can. I'm happy you found the pasta straws interesting-- we introduced these as an eco-friendly way of minimizing the amount of plastic materials used around the Hotel.

We look forward to having the opportunity to have you as a guest again. My best,

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

San Ignacio Resort Hotel exceeded our expectations. The rooms were comfortable, the grounds were beautiful and the service was amazing! We would recommend this to anyone... singles, couples or families!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Ms. Marcie, thank you very much for sharing your SIRH experience! We look forward to having the opportunity to host you again in the future!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We arrived at the San Ignacio Resort Hotel after a bumpy 1 1/2 hour ride through the Belizean countryside, dotted with tiny towns, sprawling ranches and farms, and roadside stands selling everything from chilled coconut water (still in the coconut of course) to exotic fruits and hand-made crafts.

As a former Brittish colony, liberated in September 1981, the official language is English. A fair number of locals cling to Spanish, but they are mostly immigrants or visitors from neighboring Central-American countries, as native Belizeans grow up speaking mostly English, which is also the official language in schools.

Our driver, Steve (really) offered a local's view of points of interest along the way, as did our driver, Cruise, on the return trip. Both exhibited excellent knowledge and more than a hint of appropriate national pride.

The property is situated on an expansive site along the Macal River and the Western Highway, atop a hill just above the bustling little town below. The hotel is as comfortable and accommodating as it appears in the photos, and the staff is extraordinary. Everyone smiles. Every communication is filled with a desire to serve; to make the guest feel completely at home and welcome at the property and the delightful little town.

Be sure to experience the Iguana Tour and the Medicinal Tour of the Jungle. For a few dollars per person (the Belize Dollar is US $.50 fixed) you learn enough to want an experienced guide at your side should you choose to wander into the jungle, and you will be up close an personal with some impressive Iguanas in the rescue project.

This is a delightful property, an enchanting location, and without doubt the premier place to stay should you choose to experience the interior of Belize.

Room Tip: Consider one of the expansive suites on the upper level for a luxurious experience.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Stevan, I wanted to extend a sincere thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review and sharing your experience with the rest of the TripAdvisor community. Our mission here at the Resort is the exceed visitors' expectations with unsurpassed levels of luxury and hospitality-- and I'm very pleased to see that we achieved that during your inland experience. Mr. Steve and Cruz are a great asset to the team and most definitely proud of this little gem we call home. We look forward in sharing more experiences and knowledge with you on your next Belize visit.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

What a gem of a place to stay! I was here in March 2018 and I have to sy the service was top notch. I booked a tour with them Cave Tubing and had a BLAST! The food was so good. I loved lounging by the pool. Walking to the main downtown area was a simple 5 minutes . I am late in writing the review so the names of the people I wanted to commend escapes me but the entire staff was top notch in general!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Good morning buckeye1985, thank you so very much for still sharing your experience with San Ignacio Resort Hotel! We're are very fortunate to have such an amazing group of people who strive to make our guests' experiences memorable-- as it was in your case. We look forward to having the opportunity to host you again.