My husband and I stayed at this hotel to experience land adventures in Belize. I really wanted to stay at a jungle lodge, but was worried about the temperature being too warm, as none of the jungle lodges have ac. I had hoped to stay at a semi-jungle lodge, which this was not.
While there is a beautiful setting with trees and a trail in the back of the hotel, I learned that we could not go on the trails unguided, which was very disappointing. I'm not really one for 'guided' hikes, and felt that the hotel should be upfront about this info on their web page. If I had to do it again, I would stay at Chaa Creek. We had a driver take us there one day and we really enjoyed our 'unguided' walks on the trails.
The service was nothing special. I did not feel as though the staff were very warm or willing to go out of their way for us. They tried to sell us some tours, but do note that they charge much more than the tour companies do. Tour companies are literally down the street, so to save some money, book directly. We booked with Pacz tours and were Extremely happy with them.
Besides that, rooms are decent, nothing to write home about. They seemed to be clean, but were fairly dark, and not very spacious.
Pool in my opinion was not usable since it was always very crowded.
On a positive note, I really enjoyed the restaurant. Wait staff were friendly and food was very good. We ate out on the terrace and enjoyed the evening breeze.
All in all, this hotel was ok, definitely not deserving of such a high rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open to guests since 1976, San Ignacio Resort Hotel provides unsurpassed levels of luxury and Belizean hospitality. The Resort has been awarded with the title HOTEL OF THE YEAR 2016/2012, RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2016, and HOSPITALITY AWARD 2015 by the Belize Tourism Board. Perched on a hillside located within a 17-acre private estate, 72 miles west of Belize City, gives the Resort its unique name of "the only jungle in town". A short walk puts you in downtown San Ignacio or in the middle of Belize's ancient Maya temples known as Cahal Pech. The Hotel offers various amenities where visitors can relax and enjoy amazing views of Belize. In addition, it is home to the award-wining Green Iguana Conservation Project, located on-site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your San Ignacio Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Ignacio Hotel San Ignacio
- San Ignacio Resort Hotel Belize