Our trip was to begin in Placencia, but because of hurricane Richard our hotel (Laru Beya) sent us inland to stay two nights at San Ignacio Resort Hotel. The hotel is large by Belize standards. The facility is great, open, clean, very, very friendly. Lots of room options, beautiful jungle views. Lots to do in San Ignacio, walk through the town market (open everyday) walk to Mayan ruins, Iguana project, swimm, tennis, more ruins a short drive away.
The hurricane hit our hotel, but the mandatory meeting with the hotel management insured all went smoothly.
These guys are awesome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open to guests since 1976, San Ignacio Resort Hotel provides unsurpassed levels of luxury and Belizean hospitality. The Resort has been awarded with the title HOTEL OF THE YEAR 2016/2012, RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR 2016, and HOSPITALITY AWARD 2015 by the Belize Tourism Board. Perched on a hillside located within a 17-acre private estate, 72 miles west of Belize City, gives the Resort its unique name of "the only jungle in town". A short walk puts you in downtown San Ignacio or in the middle of Belize's ancient Maya temples known as Cahal Pech. The Hotel offers various amenities where visitors can relax and enjoy amazing views of Belize. In addition, it is home to the award-wining Green Iguana Conservation Project, located on-site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your San Ignacio Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Ignacio Hotel San Ignacio
- San Ignacio Resort Hotel Belize