My husband and I stayed at DuPlooy's Jungle Lodge as the first part of our anniversary trip. Our package was booked through DuPlooy Travel and they certainly know what they are doing. It was by far the most relaxing trip I have every had and yet we were busy every day! The Lodge is tucked away and private, it was remote and unplugged in the very best way. The office was so accommodating in scheduling our trips and the staff was knowledgeable and friendly. The first day after arrival we rode horses to Xunantunich and our horse guide Emil was joined by Mr. Fermin. Riding to the ruins provided us with a wilder side of Belize as the path was marked but not cleared like the roads, excellent views of the natural wildlife (mostly birds & lizards but one snake) and the amazing jungle. Our tour of the ruins was a highlight as Mr. Fermin was extremely knowledgeable and offered many insights into Maya culture. Our second day trip was to the amazing ATM cave, a must see in Belize. All meals, except lunch on the Xunantunich ride, were eaten at DuPlooys (with the other exception being a lunch they sent with us to the ATM cave). The food was incredible and drinks were great. Everything we ate was amazing and so fresh. We cannot say enough about the staff who were always friendly and prompt. The owner, Judy, excused herself from her own breakfast with a friend to come and introduce herself. The hotel provided 5 gallon water jugs at the bar and the office for us to refill our water bottles whenever we needed. The bungalow was fantastic, it took a little adjusting to the weather but the hotel provided another fan in our room and we felt acclimated by the 2nd night. The botanical gardens on property are a must, the hotel provides guide books in the room so you can wander through the garden at your own pace. We tried to walk the gardens every afternoon and still left so much to explore!
We can't wait to return!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- duPlooy's Jungle Lodge Resort, on the Macal River, an organic property since 1988, now powered by the sun, may just be the Eco-Lodge you are looking for.duPlooy's offers the original "Create Your Own Vacation' package as well as set packages for individuals and groups and custom packages which include other locations in Belize. Whatever you are looking for, we offer a great venue for your Belize Vacation for Families,Romantic Getaways and Honeymoons, Adventure Holidays and more. There is excellent Birding on and around the property as well as many on-site activities.Included with your room: continental breakfast, entrance to adjacent Belize Botanic Gardens, access to trails, use of canoes and tubes from our beautiful Macal River Beach,incredible bird watching from the deck with complimentary morning coffee, delicious meals from locally-sourced meats, eggs and produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your duPlooy's Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- DuPlooy's Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio