We just returned from spending four nights at duPlooy's. The folks there are terrific and work hard to make sure that your stay is just how you'd like it.
The rooms were comfortable. We booked on short notice so we ended up with adjoining rooms with the other couple we were traveling with and a shared bath. We had the futons and they were actually very comfortable.
This is an ecolodge so you should go there with that in mind. Having said that we got fresh towels every day but don't expect air conditioning and be prepared for an occasional short electrical outage.
If you enjoy birding this is quite a nice spot. A trip through the Botantical Gardens is also very interesting. If you are looking for something a little more active there are a lot of activities from which to choose. The cave tubing was awesome as was the zip lines. A trip to Tikal in Guatemala is almost a must. It is truely amazing. There are other Mayan ruins very near to the Lodge.
The food is very good and they pack very nice lunches if you are traveling. Have a drink at the bar and ask for Rick. He makes a good drink called Jungle Juice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- duPlooy's Jungle Lodge Resort, on the Macal River, an organic property since 1988, now powered by the sun, may just be the Eco-Lodge you are looking for.duPlooy's offers the original "Create Your Own Vacation' package as well as set packages for individuals and groups and custom packages which include other locations in Belize. Whatever you are looking for, we offer a great venue for your Belize Vacation for Families,Romantic Getaways and Honeymoons, Adventure Holidays and more. There is excellent Birding on and around the property as well as many on-site activities.Included with your room: continental breakfast, entrance to adjacent Belize Botanic Gardens, access to trails, use of canoes and tubes from our beautiful Macal River Beach,incredible bird watching from the deck with complimentary morning coffee, delicious meals from locally-sourced meats, eggs and produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your duPlooy's Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- DuPlooy's Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio