My daughter (15) was studying the history of Mayan people in school asked me a few questions about the pyramids. I suggested we visit them! She jumped right on that!
Right in the heart of the Cayo district in Belize, duPlooy's is a wonderful place to visit all the sights that make this Belize a wonderful tourist location. ATM is a must visit! (you must be in good shape and don't mind to get wet and dirty.) Tikal is another must visit, and the self guided 3 hour canoe ride into town was A LOT of fun too!
Food is out of this world, service was great, and the rooms were very nice. Remember this is in the middle of the jungle. You may see a bug or two.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- duPlooy's Jungle Lodge Resort, on the Macal River, an organic property since 1988, now powered by the sun, may just be the Eco-Lodge you are looking for.duPlooy's offers the original "Create Your Own Vacation' package as well as set packages for individuals and groups and custom packages which include other locations in Belize. Whatever you are looking for, we offer a great venue for your Belize Vacation for Families,Romantic Getaways and Honeymoons, Adventure Holidays and more. There is excellent Birding on and around the property as well as many on-site activities.Included with your room: continental breakfast, entrance to adjacent Belize Botanic Gardens, access to trails, use of canoes and tubes from our beautiful Macal River Beach,incredible bird watching from the deck with complimentary morning coffee, delicious meals from locally-sourced meats, eggs and produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your duPlooy's Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- DuPlooy's Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio