This is a nice place to stay. The rooms are just fine, the bar is just fine, the other guests are just fine, the tame kinkajous are delightful and the food can be excellent. The tours are noticeably cheaper than Andersons (for the same thing) and more flexible (no minimum numbers for example which was a problem at Andersons). Although tubing and ATM are a little further away, its not much and Tikal, and sites around San Ignaio are right next door.
The staff are really friendly and helpful but watch the canoeing as they don't tell you which rapids you can run (either way) even if you ask!
The food varied from brilliant to poor (never inedible). The guided (booklet) botanic gardens tour was really good (took us 2+hrs).
No aircon, have extra fans if needed, mains sockets in every room. Useable wifi although some needed to be at the bar to get good connection (my cheap chinese covered the whole bar area).
Because you ought to aim for Tikal as the last Mayan ruin, and ATM as your last caving/adventure it might make sense to stay here for your whole stay inland as the tour costs are lower than Andersons, even if you do tubing/zipwire as well as ATM. It nice, well priced (for a lodge) and relaxing.
Amazingly no mosquitoes whilst we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- duPlooy's Jungle Lodge Resort, on the Macal River, an organic property since 1988, now powered by the sun, may just be the Eco-Lodge you are looking for.duPlooy's offers the original "Create Your Own Vacation' package as well as set packages for individuals and groups and custom packages which include other locations in Belize. Whatever you are looking for, we offer a great venue for your Belize Vacation for Families,Romantic Getaways and Honeymoons, Adventure Holidays and more. There is excellent Birding on and around the property as well as many on-site activities.Included with your room: continental breakfast, entrance to adjacent Belize Botanic Gardens, access to trails, use of canoes and tubes from our beautiful Macal River Beach,incredible bird watching from the deck with complimentary morning coffee, delicious meals from locally-sourced meats, eggs and produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your duPlooy's Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- DuPlooy's Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio