We started off our honeymoon in Western Belize, as we are not the typical "beach-goers". Our time at duPlooy's Jungle Lodge was amazing and it provided us with the perfect experience for first-time travelers to this country. From the lodge, we participated in several activities. On our first day, we rode horses with a guide to the Mayan site of Xunantunich, where we had a detailed tour. This excursion was followed by a delicious lunch in San Ignacio, and another wonderful tour of Cahal Pech, a Mayan site that is currently undergoing several exciting excavation projects. Our guides were very knowledgeable. They answered our questions, and made us feel comfortable at all times. The following day, we visited the Green Hills Butterfly Reserve, and had the chance to learn and see their work. We also went tubing on the Macal River and took an extended walk through the Botanical Gardens connected to the campus of duPlooy's.
Being on a honeymoon, we also wanted time to relax. DuPlooy's was the ideal location for us! The entire staff took great pride in their work and made us feel like part of the family. We were always greeted with a smile, whether at the bar, in the dining hall, or on the boardwalk; and we did not experience any problem during our stay. In fact, Judy duPlooy personally welcomed us to the area and took time to chat with us one morning. Our package was all-inclusive, a perfect way to start out a honeymoon. I can honestly say that the food prepared at duPlooy's was by far the best that we tasted during our vacation (and that includes the second half of our trip on the Eastern coast). We sampled some wonderful soups, breads, and authentic dishes made with local ingredients, such as chayote and plantains. I want to thank duPlooy's for making our experience memorable, and I would highly recommend this location to anyone. We are looking forward to visiting again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- duPlooy's Jungle Lodge Resort, on the Macal River, an organic property since 1988, now powered by the sun, may just be the Eco-Lodge you are looking for.duPlooy's offers the original "Create Your Own Vacation' package as well as set packages for individuals and groups and custom packages which include other locations in Belize. Whatever you are looking for, we offer a great venue for your Belize Vacation for Families,Romantic Getaways and Honeymoons, Adventure Holidays and more. There is excellent Birding on and around the property as well as many on-site activities.Included with your room: continental breakfast, entrance to adjacent Belize Botanic Gardens, access to trails, use of canoes and tubes from our beautiful Macal River Beach,incredible bird watching from the deck with complimentary morning coffee, delicious meals from locally-sourced meats, eggs and produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your duPlooy's Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- DuPlooy's Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio