From the moment I stepped out of the van I knew I had made the right choice in staying at Du Plooys. Was welcomed by Loreni with umbrella in hand as a short light shower had just started. She was always helpful and always smiling.
The food was 5 star delectable with exotic fresh choices. Breakfast was made to order as well. Really enjoyed the Belizean specialties. Service and presentation was impeccable........looked forward to every meal. Judy the owner showed up early every morning interested in what the day had in store for us and sharing her day also.
The staff including Albert Angel Fermin and countless others were attentive and engaging if you wanted the interaction. Otherwise they were professional responding to your every need. They never tired of me going on and on about the excitement of my day and contributed even more information on the animals I'd seen and the excursions I had taken.
The Botanical Garden is not to be missed. It's exceptional with a surprise at every turn. As a guest admission is free.
This was truly a paradise within a paradise. I miss you all and hope you are well. Can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- duPlooy's Jungle Lodge Resort, on the Macal River, an organic property since 1988, now powered by the sun, may just be the Eco-Lodge you are looking for.duPlooy's offers the original "Create Your Own Vacation' package as well as set packages for individuals and groups and custom packages which include other locations in Belize. Whatever you are looking for, we offer a great venue for your Belize Vacation for Families,Romantic Getaways and Honeymoons, Adventure Holidays and more. There is excellent Birding on and around the property as well as many on-site activities.Included with your room: continental breakfast, entrance to adjacent Belize Botanic Gardens, access to trails, use of canoes and tubes from our beautiful Macal River Beach,incredible bird watching from the deck with complimentary morning coffee, delicious meals from locally-sourced meats, eggs and produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your duPlooy's Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- DuPlooy's Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio