duPlooy's Jungle Lodge
Ka'ana Resort(San Ignacio)
US$267
US$231
San Ignacio Resort Hotel(San Ignacio)
US$175
US$191
US$659
US$449
  • Breakfast included
Windy Hill Resort(San Ignacio)
TripAdvisor
Tropicool Hotel(San Ignacio)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbotanical gardensjungle lodgehorseback ridingmacal riverfire towerla casitacave tubingmayan ruinsatm cavetree houseon sitemeal planevery morningpine ridgeday tripguided tourexotic birds
Reviewed 31 October 2013

From the moment I stepped out of the van I knew I had made the right choice in staying at Du Plooys. Was welcomed by Loreni with umbrella in hand as a short light shower had just started. She was always helpful and always smiling.

The food was 5 star delectable with exotic fresh choices. Breakfast was made to order as well. Really enjoyed the Belizean specialties. Service and presentation was impeccable........looked forward to every meal. Judy the owner showed up early every morning interested in what the day had in store for us and sharing her day also.

The staff including Albert Angel Fermin and countless others were attentive and engaging if you wanted the interaction. Otherwise they were professional responding to your every need. They never tired of me going on and on about the excitement of my day and contributed even more information on the animals I'd seen and the excursions I had taken.

The Botanical Garden is not to be missed. It's exceptional with a surprise at every turn. As a guest admission is free.

This was truly a paradise within a paradise. I miss you all and hope you are well. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: I was in 5 but can't imagine a bad room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank barbCooperstown_ny
Cayowoman, Owner at duPlooy's Jungle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thanks for your great review. We always say that we have the best guests. They always enjoy talking to one another - and why not - it takes a certain type of person to even come here so you're bound to have something in common with other guests. And, if you aren't in a mood to socialize, there is plenty of room to be on your own.

Come back and spend more time in the gardens and doing the activities you missed the first time around.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I can't recommend these guys high enough - they bent over backwards to ensure my stay was amazing - the food, service and organisation was top notch. The surroundings are peaceful, well kept and they obviously have a deep appreciation of wildlife and nature (the walk around the gardens is not to be missed). Being so close to so many Mayan ruins - it's also a perfect stop for culture and sight seeing. Don't miss the full day to Tikal in Guatamala, or cave tubing or any of the local ruins. The guides they organise are superb too.

Room Tip: Can't imagine any of the rooms not being great. No air-con, but there are fans and it didn't bother me.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank stormwater3
Cayowoman, Owner at duPlooy's Jungle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thanks reviewing us and for all of the stars! And thanks for visiting us during the off season, which really shouldn't be "off" since it is just as lovely here in September and October as it is for the rest of the year.

Come back and see us soon. And send your friends. When you send your friends, ask about our
credits for friends' visits.

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Rooms were 1/2 price because it was off season. Staff was amazingly helpful, knowledgable, accommodating and just wonderful in all respects. They were wonderful to our kids. The good was delicious. The rooms simple but clean and comfortable. It was exactly the calm retreat we needed, but our stay was too short. I would love the opportunity to go back to duPlooy's!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Lila H
Cayowoman, Owner at duPlooy's Jungle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank so much for taking time to write a review for duPlooy's. The thing I like best about being here (besides the beauty of the area and all of the activities) is the fact that my staff really does care about whether you enjoy your stay and prides themselves on their service and food. This makes my job easier!

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Spending a week at duPlooy's, recommended by a colleague who had stayed there mutliple times, turned into a superb experience for me (a retired schoolteacher) and my 17 and 18-year-old grandkids. We loved every aspect of the lodge - from accommodations, to delectable meals, to personnel who loved sharing their beautiful country with us. The guides on every tour were gracious, informative and considerate. For folks who want to discover a hidden treasure the 7-day, 6-night stay is perfect. We will definitely return and wish Ms. Judy and her great staff many additional years of showcasing their corner of paradise.

Room Tip: Check the website to find the option that fits your group - of whatever size- and stay long enough to take it all in.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank JRHiggy

Thanks so much for your review of duPlooy's. This is a great spot for people of all ages and a good for sharing time with people from other cultures. Our staff truly wants you to have a good time and are eager to hear about you and about where you live, so thanks for sharing your time with us.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Thanks to the owner Judy and her team. excellent service and caring for our special request on meals. Only problem was power supply, shot down quite frequently which also affect the heater (warm water supply).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StellaYang

Thanks for taking the time to write a review for duPlooy's. I was off gallivanting around the US visiting my children and grandchildren so I'm glad to hear that the staff still takes good care of guests when I'm away.