Everything about the lodge is comfortable and welcoming. Our cottage was comfortable and equipped with everything we needed including a hammock on the screened porch. An ideal perch for listening to the birds and watching hummingbirds feed on the ginger and birds of paradise plants growing everywhere. The staff was so friendly and felt like family by the time we left! The guides were extremely knowledgeable and well trained, earning my highest degree of confidence during cave tubing, horseback riding,canoeing and hiking the Mayan ruins. The Botanic Garden is not to be missed with all the exotic plants and trees! The meals were excellent and the drinks exotic creations! The jungle lodge is a beautiful, exciting adventure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- duPlooy's Jungle Lodge Resort, on the Macal River, an organic property since 1988, now powered by the sun, may just be the Eco-Lodge you are looking for.duPlooy's offers the original "Create Your Own Vacation' package as well as set packages for individuals and groups and custom packages which include other locations in Belize. Whatever you are looking for, we offer a great venue for your Belize Vacation for Families,Romantic Getaways and Honeymoons, Adventure Holidays and more. There is excellent Birding on and around the property as well as many on-site activities.Included with your room: continental breakfast, entrance to adjacent Belize Botanic Gardens, access to trails, use of canoes and tubes from our beautiful Macal River Beach,incredible bird watching from the deck with complimentary morning coffee, delicious meals from locally-sourced meats, eggs and produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your duPlooy's Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- DuPlooy's Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio