Arrived in a rainstorm. It was a good thing that we had a driver from the hotel pick us up at Belize International airport, otherwise we would have never found DuPlooy's. The owner, Judy, is actively involved overseeing the day-to-day operations. She greets all her guests at morning breakfast. You cannot ask for better service from the main desk. Everyone was ready to assist us. Customer service is a priority here. Day excursions are planned at the front desk. The hotel arranges for a driver and tour guide who arrive promptly for departure time. Food is homemade, yet a limited selection is available at dinner. If you are a picky eater, they will try to accommodate you to the best of their ability. The bartender is usually available before dinner, however he may not be available if you are attempting to eat a later meal as he may be a dinner server as well. Thus, we did not receive our "welcome" drink. On our last morning our group was on the deck enjoying our morning coffee and enjoying some bird watching. One of the servers came out and asked if we would like to eat our breakfast on the deck. That was a great treat.
The rooms are clean; yet no frills. You are in the jungle. There appeared to be some generator issues for power. Our room had power for most circuits. On occasion, there were are few lights that did not work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- duPlooy's Jungle Lodge Resort, on the Macal River, an organic property since 1988, now powered by the sun, may just be the Eco-Lodge you are looking for.duPlooy's offers the original "Create Your Own Vacation' package as well as set packages for individuals and groups and custom packages which include other locations in Belize. Whatever you are looking for, we offer a great venue for your Belize Vacation for Families,Romantic Getaways and Honeymoons, Adventure Holidays and more. There is excellent Birding on and around the property as well as many on-site activities.Included with your room: continental breakfast, entrance to adjacent Belize Botanic Gardens, access to trails, use of canoes and tubes from our beautiful Macal River Beach,incredible bird watching from the deck with complimentary morning coffee, delicious meals from locally-sourced meats, eggs and produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your duPlooy's Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- DuPlooy's Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio