We spent four days at duPlooys in February and had a wonderful time bird watching, hiking, visiting the botanical garden, touring Mayan sites, the ATM cave and canoeing on the river. The accommodations were quiet, clean and very comfortable, and the meals were very good with ample variety and choice over our stay. The staff were extremely helpful organizing tours for us and were able to quickly find us an alternate tour when we encountered a sudden border closure and couldn't go to Tikal. The guides were very knowledgeable and fun to be with, and we saw amazing birds and wildlife that we would never have spotted on our own. There was more to do than we had time for and we hope to go back there again on another trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- duPlooy's Jungle Lodge Resort, on the Macal River, an organic property since 1988, now powered by the sun, may just be the Eco-Lodge you are looking for.duPlooy's offers the original "Create Your Own Vacation' package as well as set packages for individuals and groups and custom packages which include other locations in Belize. Whatever you are looking for, we offer a great venue for your Belize Vacation for Families,Romantic Getaways and Honeymoons, Adventure Holidays and more. There is excellent Birding on and around the property as well as many on-site activities.Included with your room: continental breakfast, entrance to adjacent Belize Botanic Gardens, access to trails, use of canoes and tubes from our beautiful Macal River Beach,incredible bird watching from the deck with complimentary morning coffee, delicious meals from locally-sourced meats, eggs and produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your duPlooy's Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- DuPlooy's Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio