Duplooy’s eco-Jungle Lodge is a “slice of heaven on earth!” From the minute we arrived, we felt it was going to be a special vacation, and it truly was. We went with our good friends who had visited Duplooy’s many times, so they gave us ideas of things we could do. We ended up getting in great shape by walking every morning through the beautiful botanical gardens and down by the riverwalk, while watching and listening to all the tropical birds, and then almost always tubing down the Macaw River to cool down during the afternoon. One day we were also able to get a ride into market in San Ignacio and visited some local pubs/restaurants. Another day we visited the Xunantunich Myan Ruins. Wow, talk about an experience. One of us climbed to the top (not me), which was quite a hike, but well worth it, I hear, for the view. While at the ruin, we heard howler monkeys and actually saw a spider monkey who kept us entertained for a good half hour.
The staff at Duplooys was very friendly and knowledgeable. They all felt like family by the time our trip ended. Duplooy’s has a restaurant that we ordered breakfast, lunch and dinner most days. We did not have one bad meal. The specials varied every night, and there was always a choice that would put a smile on your face and a dessert to die for.
I have never had a more relaxing vacation in my life. The sounds, sights and people made me forget about the hectic life we all sometimes lead. Now it’s a matter of the wait to go back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- duPlooy's Jungle Lodge Resort, on the Macal River, an organic property since 1988, now powered by the sun, may just be the Eco-Lodge you are looking for.duPlooy's offers the original "Create Your Own Vacation' package as well as set packages for individuals and groups and custom packages which include other locations in Belize. Whatever you are looking for, we offer a great venue for your Belize Vacation for Families,Romantic Getaways and Honeymoons, Adventure Holidays and more. There is excellent Birding on and around the property as well as many on-site activities.Included with your room: continental breakfast, entrance to adjacent Belize Botanic Gardens, access to trails, use of canoes and tubes from our beautiful Macal River Beach,incredible bird watching from the deck with complimentary morning coffee, delicious meals from locally-sourced meats, eggs and produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your duPlooy's Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- DuPlooy's Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio