What an amazing place! We can't recommend it highly enough. Set in the Belize jungle above the Macal river this glorious "treehouse" is amazing. We stayed in a bungalow but the slightly smaller rooms looked just as inviting and were in the same setting. The whole resort is made of wood, the rooms are large and spare and scrupuously clean, with a hammock and chairs on the porch of each individual room. The large bed was very comfortable. All the rooms are connected by a wooden walkway, perhaps 200 yards long that rambles through flowering trees and vines. There is a small outdoor bar area where birds (toucans) and small mammals and lizards come to feast on fresh fruit set out for them. The meals were unfailingly delicious and the staff was charming and helpful. We mostly stayed at the resort and read or took tubes (free, despite a previous report) down to the river, or walked through the amazing botanical garden. They offer all the standard trips and tours but we didn't want to leave the hotel except for one delightful morning trip to a local ruin which was grand and quite a private experience as we were closeby so could get there early before the tour buses! There was a computer available for email. A driver met us in belize city and drove us to the resort and back. We did not miss having a car there....the nearby towns aren't as interesting as the resort. We highly recommend this place. We loved our experience there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- duPlooy's Jungle Lodge Resort, on the Macal River, an organic property since 1988, now powered by the sun, may just be the Eco-Lodge you are looking for.duPlooy's offers the original "Create Your Own Vacation' package as well as set packages for individuals and groups and custom packages which include other locations in Belize. Whatever you are looking for, we offer a great venue for your Belize Vacation for Families,Romantic Getaways and Honeymoons, Adventure Holidays and more. There is excellent Birding on and around the property as well as many on-site activities.Included with your room: continental breakfast, entrance to adjacent Belize Botanic Gardens, access to trails, use of canoes and tubes from our beautiful Macal River Beach,incredible bird watching from the deck with complimentary morning coffee, delicious meals from locally-sourced meats, eggs and produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your duPlooy's Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duplooy`s Jungle Hotel San Ignacio
- DuPlooy's Jungle Lodge Belize/San Ignacio