“Second Visit”

Price range: US$2 - US$20
Cuisines: Central American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Inspired Belizean cuisine utilizing ingredients from the farmer's market next door. Dine in the park while listening to great music and enjoying the cuisine of chef Jesse Mas.
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Second time I've been here this week and I love that it's so different than everything else here. I love sitting in the park and I love their playlist of music. Most items are affordable as well. I really look forward to hanging out here again. Oh. Try the mojitos.

There are newer reviews for Fuego Bar & Grill

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Saw this place at fridaynight, but it was full,
Came back the next day. Place looks beautiful, different menu than most places.
More American waiterstyle, I'm not fond of that.

We shared a salad as an appetizer, but the main course almost came at the same time.
My husband's carne asado was so so, my spaghetti with meatballs and grilled vegetables was not what I expected. I didn't have the impression my vegetables were really grilled, the chomoya tasted pickled.
When being asked if everything was OK I told the waitress it was not what I expected. She offered to take it back but I said it was OK.
She must have told the owner as he immediately turned up. I told him my 'problem' and he insisted on bringing me another dish.
I told him I like vegetables and not so much meat.
I was brought a plate of pasta with really good grilled zucchini, sweet pepper, onions and tomatoes. Now this tasted great!

This was a proof of how an adequate reacting manager can save the situation.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

very belizean food with a twist; excellent service and drink prices. food was amazing too with a new menu

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stopped here for drinks and came back for dinner a day later. The staff were warm and friendly and the food was excellent. Yes, It is touristy.. It is right on the square, However, we found it to be clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a nice little bar in what I think is their central square. We wandered in with beer in hand and were still very welcome. The restaurant was Coleen and nicely appointed. The music was background as it should be to allow for decent dinner conversation. They offer a unique Belizeian menu and while we only had appies they were delicious and very reasonable with great service. The owner came and checked with us personally to assure our satisfaction. In conversation with the gentleman we also bought 2 pounds of freshly roasted Guatemala coffee beans that they roast right there in his adjoining sweets and coffee shop. This fellow is truly helpful and knowledgable.