“Met all our expectations”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Ignacio
Casa Blanca Guest House
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in San Ignacio
Arizona
“Met all our expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2010

We chose the Casablanca because of the many positive reviews on this web site. It met all our hopes and expectations! Simple, not luxurious, but all the basics. The location was also perfect for taking walks & seeing everything in the town. We had clean rooms with A/C, and extremely concerned & friendly service every time we had a question or need. One of our group needed a new swimsuit and Betty, the owner, knew exactly which 3 shops in town might carry them and told us how to get to each one. Elias (a tour guide with headquarters in Casablanca's lobby) is a treasure, and let us know on Friday night about the Saturday morning farmers market just a couple of blocks from the Casablanca. He also took us on an excellent day trip to Tikal, making the border crossing into Guatemala as easy as a trip to the post office or bank at home.
People in San Ignacio were charming and Casablanca was just the perfect place to return to as our home base. The restaurant directly across the street from Casablanca was the best we tried in San Ignacio, so I'm sorry we didn't eat there until our last day. San Ignacio is a great little walking town, friendly people up and down the sidewalks, a true gem, and Casablanca was all we could wish for in a San Ignacio home away from home.
From my prior web research, my one hesitation was whether there would be lots of street noise. There wasn't.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2010

It is clear that what is comfortable and good to a Backpacker in his 20s is not the same as defined by the more mature professional traveller looking for comfort. I missed out on the backpacking when I was young. Now at the "ensuite" stage of my life when I can and do want to travel to places that don't involve lying on beach for two weeks, I want to do it comfortably if not luxuriously. We arrived at this hotel at the end of an Intrepid comfort tour through Mexico, Guatamala and Belize. The hotel is a throw back to an English 1970s drawing room complete with Lladro and chintz. This in itself was bearable, the room we were shown to was not. It could be that my friend and I drew a short straw, but the room was so small and the bathroom stank of mould. We made a quick decision to move and not stay.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Edmonton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2010

I came upun this place shortly after getting off the bus from Dangriga.Looking at the Lonely Planet guide I wandered up the street to find the bright white facade of this clean,friendly hotel. I was planning to stay in town to do a couple of tours and then move on to Guatemala to see the ruins at Tikal. Bethy greeted me and showed me a very nice room c/w hot water and a television and told me the price was $70BZD with fan or $80BZD with AC. The hotel has an immaculate full kitchen and large sitting room with balcony over the street. After 2 weeks of bargain accommodation for not much less money in some cases I was very pleased to stay for 3 nights before moving on to Guatemala. They also booked both of my tours for less money than many of the other tour company's in town and also arranged for me to go one way with a day trip to Tikal with guide for a very reasonable rate as well. Elias, the tour guide they us is the best in town as far as I was concerned and I was glad to have him as my guide in Tikal as well. They made my stay in San Ignacio memorable and pleasant and I when I got back back to San Ignacio after a few days in Guatemala I was disappointed they didn,t have a room for me. I would highly recommend Casa Blanca to anyone traveling to or thru the area.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
sacramento
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2010

We really liked this place, its got a cool shared kitchen where you can bring back stuff from the market and hang with other folks in the hotel, good price, clean and cool helpful staff, I would deffo stay there again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Timbuktu, Mali
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2010

Nice and clean. Very friendly owner. You can use the kitchen if you want.
Centrally located in San Ignacio.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Hailey, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2010

I would highly reccomend Casa Blanca. The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful. The place is clean, affordable and safe. Right accross the street from Hannas Resturant .. Yum. I will stay there again and again.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Orange County
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2010

My wife and I stayed at Casa Blanca for about a week. San Ignacio is a great base location for many day trips and we loved being in the middle of the city. This budget guest house was very clean but don't expect super comfy beds or thick fluffy towels!

Noise wasn't an issue as we slept with ear plugs just in case. The staff was friendly and Kelly, the manager, was always nice and helpful. The location is awesome: less than a minute or two to the Mayawalk and Pacztours outfits, Hannah's, Martha's Guest House Restaurant/Laundry, the bus stop, grocery stores, etc. The locked gate (you'll receive the code) is a nice, secure touch, even though everyone we ever came across in town was friendly.

The Air Conditioning worked well and was nice to reduce the humidity. We didn't use the small television since we brought a portable DVD player. While the room was small, it had ample storage space for our clothes and luggage.

Some things to note: the "kitchen" does *not* have a stove, so forget about making eggs, pancakes, etc. (The breakfast burritos at Martha's are very filling however and cost less than Hannah's!) Also, Lonely Planet says Casa Blanca has a roof-top terrace. According to Kelly, the door to the roof is difficult to lock so they just keep it permanently closed. The small balcony overlooking the busy street is a fun place to people watch though and socialize with other guests.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple