We produced the Maya Mountain Adventure Challenge at the beautiful Cahel Pech Resort in February. Teams from 7 countries traveled to San Ignacio to compete in this inaugural expedition race across the Maya Mountains. www.mayamountainadventurechallnge.com
In spite of the logistical challenges of moving this many racers & all their gear & equipment from the airport, the folks at Cahel Pech Resort where up to the task. Racers where able to relax & lounge, both before & after the event, on the pool deck & covered patio which proved very relaxing for all.
The rooms were clean & the staff where most helpful whenever called upon which was often for an event like this.
The staff also provided 3 meals for the racers, race production team, volunteers & film crew, and everyone got as much as they could eat. The food was tasty, fresh, well prepared & presented.
The resort is literally across te street from Cahel Pech Ruin which makes for an easy day trip if you are looking for a little more cultural & historical experiences.
The town of San Ignacio is at your doorstep & there are loads of great dining options & shops to visit! The view from the patio area is unsurpassed!!
We visited Belize 6 times in 2 years while researching this event & we found the locals to be welcoming, friendly & helpful. Belize is definitely the best value in Central America & the fact that most people speak fluent English & that American currency is excepted makes traveling there that much easier.
I generally feel as safe here as I would anywhere in the states. Having said that, there are a lot of places in te states that I wouldn't travel to at night or by myself. Making good decisions is your responsibility. Enjoy beautiful Green Belize!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cahal Pech Village Resort is located in the heart of the Mayan world, San Ignacio, Cayo District, Belize. We offer professionally guided tours of local and other Mayan ruins in English and Spanish, as well as access to Mayan Healing, Culture and Art. We also offer Eco-tours, Jungle Adventure, Horseback Riding, Reef Diving and more. Relax at our Pool, or see Belize’s Beaches and Caves, Waterfalls, Sink Holes and Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Cahal Pech Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cahal Pech Village Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel Cahal Pech Village
- Cahal Pech Village Resort Belize/San Ignacio