“Clean friendly and safe”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rosa's Hotel

Rosa's Hotel
Toronto, Canada
“Clean friendly and safe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

Rosa's was the perfect place for me and my boyfriend to stay for our two nights in San Ignacio. It was super clean, the A/C was a pleasant change from the rest of our trip, and the staff were more then helpful. Super friendly owner, and had teenagers helping run the desk on off hours, but they were super friendly and attentive.

Location is right in town, look up to see their sign on their roof. Super safe, they are on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the building.

We did the ATM caves and we asked if we could hang our wet clothes somewhere. The owner helpfully took them upstairs to where we thought she would hang them, but she actually threw them in the wash!

Over the top nice, would definitely stay there again

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarahsarah182

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

My sister and I stayed at Rosa's for 2 nights. The rooms are really simple and just perfect if you don't plan on being in your hotel for more than sleep and shower time. I would stay there again if I went back to San Ignacio. The staff was very helpful and friendly. It is so hard to find a clean room on a budget so don't pass it up!

Room Tip: We were there in May. Air conditioning is a must! It's loud so maybe earplugs if you're a...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shelby C
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

We booked one night at Rosas, and ended up staying 4 nights! This hostel is a great value with a great location, very helpful/friendly staff, and clean private rooms. Depending on the time of year, the non-AC rooms may be perfect for you, but upgrading to AC is only an additional $5.

The daily continental breakfast (including toast, fresh fruits, and quality local coffee) on the upstairs shared balcony will seal the deal.

I HIGHLY recommend Rosa's

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris P
Santa Monica, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

My husband and I needed a place to stay for one night in San Ignacio, and Rosa's Hotel was perfect! The location was great, and the staff was friendly. San Ignacio could be pricey so this hotel was quite reasonable. There were obviously no frills, but the room was clean and air conditioner worked marvelously!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amy D
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel during my time in San Ignacio. The rooms are very clean, and the air conditioning is ice cold. The staff were very nice and helpful. I felt this was a great value for what I paid and I would recommend for anyone to stay here. One word of advice is to bring earplugs. Many of the hotels in San Ignacio are very loud due to the air conditioners and nightclubs nearby. I always pop in earplugs and never have an issue.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Dan O
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

Rosa´s Hotel was awesome!! The staff is always smiling and eager to help in some way or other. The room was clean, tidy and well equipped. You can use Internet if you like. Breakfast included.. I really liked the place and i would recommend it to you.. in all kinds of ways.. missing the staff.. they have always been soooo friendly and ready to help!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maya87_911
Cedar City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

After trying other accommodations and being disappointed, we tried Rosa's hotel while we were in San Ignacio and stayed there for the remainder of our stay. The rooms were clean, quiet, air conditioned, and included cable tv. Janice (Yanice) was very nice and super-helpful with anything we needed. She even offered to let me borrow her sandals for the day we went cave tubing but my feet were too big. :) They offer a free breakfast every day (which is available all day) with fruit and bread and such. They also have free bottled water that you can use to refill your own bottles. They have free internet as well and a computer that you can use if you don't have your own. They were very accommodating for anything we needed. We missed them as we moved on to other parts of the country and had to find other accommodations with nowhere near the great service we received at Rosa's. I would definitely recommend them.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple