“Wonderful ride”

US$85.00*
Day Trip to Xunantunich and Cahal Pech
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: St Leonard's Tours offers great private and personalized tours: Horse Riding, Archeological sites, Cave exploration, Cave Tubing and more. We have an adventure for all. Start with our horse riding tours and let our beautiful Appaloosa Horses take you on a safe & enjoyable adventure to Xunantunich, riding the countryside or simply just relax and enjoy a riding class; then take off on a thrilling adventure through jungle tours that will lead you to cave exploration or to enjoy a relaxing cool afternoon enjoying cave tubing; or embark on a thrilling adventure through rugged jungle terrain and explore a private cave, where only a few have walked the path and tell the tale of this epic cave system.
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Rudolfo took me for a very enjoyable ride along the river, crossing pastures and farms. We saw so much wildlife (and domestic animals), and he was very knowledgeable about local plants and their use, and history of the land.
Horses were behaving very well.
Thank you Rudolfo and Carla for your hospitality!
Yulia

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Last week, Rod guided my girlfriend who is a horse owner and myself (total novice) for a great ride to Xunantunich. The horses were very relaxed unless encouraged which was perfect for me. When my girlfriend wanted to let the reins loose the horses had no problem running. Rod has a wealth of information about the area, Maya, horses, and plants. Carla welcomed us and joined us across the ferry and also met us at the end with snacks and beverages. They live right there on the family farm with their children and are some of the friendliest people I have met in Belize. The new archaeology museum at Xunantunich is worth checking out, and the site is very accessible and un-crowed. Do yourself a favor and take the horse tour with St. Leondard's as I guarantee everyone walking to/from the ferry wishes they did.

2  Thank LazyBush
Carla J, Owner at St Leonard's Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

A pleasure and honor for St Leonard's to have shared your wonderful memory and we look forward to taking you riding again.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We went for an afternoon ride through the beautiful fields and jungle! The horses were lovely and really well looked after and it was just my boyfriend and I so felt very personal and we learnt lots of interesting for facts about the area, plants & food! Would highly recommend this for riders of all abilities. Thank you for a lovely day x

Carla J, Owner at St Leonard's Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Rod & I are very happy to know you both enjoyed your special occasion with us and wish you the best back home. We thank you for choosing us and hope you left with a sweet unforgettable memory of Belize.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Rudolfo, my guide was very knowledgable and shared lots of great interesting information. Him and his wife are very friendly and welcoming. I had a great time riding up to the ruins. The horses are very well trained and I would reccomend this excursion to anyone who wants a great outing.

Carla J, Owner at St Leonard's Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

St Leonard's is very happy to hear you enjoyed you horse riding with us. We try our best to make your adventure with us a great experience and let you experience a Belizean Countryside Hospitality, that all locals experience and something we offer to everyone alike. Every guest is special and with St Leonard's it is always about you and for you. We open the doors and share our most valuable pet horses and hope you will remember and want to come back to Belize. Your willingness and eagerness for new tastes and experiences makes it easier to look for something new to offer.

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Belize for two years and this is one side of Belize you won't want to miss. This once in a lifetime experience is ran by one of the most amazing families I've ever met. The love and dedication they have towards each other shows in their work and the way they run their business. The horses they have are all very well cared for and they will take the time to choose the right horse for you. The views out in western Belize are not to be missed and with the opportunity to see them on horseback, it just doesn't get any better than that folks!

Carla J, Owner at St Leonard's Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Spectacular indeed - during the dry months as well as the rainy months, our friends, guests get to enjoy a different but exclusive experience with our horse riding. St Leonard's takes care of arranging a unique but heartful welcome and tries its best to give you a safe, reliable and memorable adventure. You will always be welcome. You should try our early morning or full moon's night ride next time you are here.