“I had the most wonderful vacation at Ka'ana”
Review of Ka'ana Resort

Ka'ana Resort
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in San Ignacio
Storrs, Connecticut
“I had the most wonderful vacation at Ka'ana”
Reviewed 2 September 2011

My husband and I really needed a restful vacation and Ka'ana absolutely exceeded our expectations. The staff was very attentive and thoughtful, they made every day special.
The acommodations and meals were amazing. They knew I liked a particular tropical fruit and they went to the market to purchase and prepare it for me. I will go back as often as i can. I loved it.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 28 August 2011

My wife and I were celebrating our 16th anniversary and looking for a special vacation retreat. We didn't know what to expect when we scheduled our vacation at Ka'ana Boutique Resort. The resort is located off of the main highway in San Ignacio; very easy to miss if you are unfamiliar. After turning on the resort property, we were in a jungle paradise. The resort has several separte "rooms" that compliment the natural surroundings. The rooms were cozy and well-maintained. The food was delicious and the staff, very friendly. The Guest Services Managers (Fallon and Desorine) were extremely attentative to our requests and made us feel like we were the only ones on the resort. They even tailored several excursions to suit our needs. We would definitely recommend Ka'ana Boutique Resort to anyone planning to visit Belize. Nate and Judy, Detroit.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We have just returned from Ka'ana Boutique Resort and Spa and had the time of our lives!! We tried to choose a romantic adventure destination with today's difficult economy and relive the feel of some of our African jungle adventures years ago.when we were married in Kenya. The quality of the accommodations and the expert attention to every detail by their extraordinarty concierge co-ordinator and expert staff was superb!!! The cuinsine for every meal would make the world's top chefs quite envious and all of this in the jungle of Belize!! My jusband and I were celebrating our 16th anniversary and had a few medical concerns; but they tailored made all of our expeditions to the varous ruins a wonderful and safe experience.Their tour operators were top notch and well worth the addtional surcharges here and there. Our experience was outstanding in every way and our memories forever special!! Thank you to all!! Lydia and MItch Caldwell, Tampa, Florida

Round Lake, Illinois
Reviewed 19 August 2011

From the warm hospitality to the personalized service you will not regret this experience. Incredible!!! Best place we've ever stayed!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 August 2011

My husband and I came here and had the best honeymoon ever. There are so many great things to say about the whole experience that I don't know where to start. So, I'm going to try to keep it simple and break it down for you accordingly:

*Describe the service you experienced: The customer service was the best that we have ever received. The level of service from everyone was attentive, detail oriented, genuine and authentic. These guys have it down. AH-MAZING!

-Pre-trip email: All my emails were answered promptly and with great detail to the many, many questions I asked.

-Check in and guest services: Upon check in, Albert ensured that we had welcome drinks upon arrival and got our bags to our room. Check in was great, we sat on the couch and they brought all the paperwork over to us :). Albert also gave us an orientation about the philosophy of Ka'ana over a craboo liquor tasting and arranged our tours for us the next day. We really appreciated how we didn't have to figure out what we were doing for the week at that very moment. Each night during dinner, either Albert or Fallon would approach us after dinner and talked about what we were interested in doing the next day.

Restaurant: UNBELIEVABLE! All our servers were super nice. Candi, Richard and Robert served us most of the time. I am a big fan of the Marie Sharpe hot sauce and they always knew to set it out for me during each meal. Each of the servers was extremely attentive, but not obtrusive. This service style is going to be a common theme that will run throughout the course of this review. We ate 98% of our meals here (the other 2% had to be eaten outside cos' we were on tours) and our servers were great. I am also the custom order queen of everything and my meals were always on point with my special requests. Also, Candi knew how much I loved the sweet corn coladas. I really was blown away when she printed up the recipe for me on pretty paper with a large image of the sweet corn colada. WE LOVE YOU GUYS!

Bar: Jeffet and Marco! These bartenders are great because we shared many many laughs with these guys. Jeffet is totally awesome and so incredibly funny and pleasant! I only wish we had enough time to take the mixology class! We spent many hours at the bar sipping on the most delicious sweet corn coladas. We both miss drinking them so much! Also, the wine selection is GREAT! Since we are from California, we drank Chilean and Argentinian wines and were VERY impressed.

Housekeeping: Special shout-out to housekeeping. This is the first time I have stayed in any hotel where housekeeping works around your schedule. The staffs at Ka’ana know your schedule and make it a point to schedule cleanings around your time. So, whenever we came back to our room, it was always magically turned down! We also really enjoyed the nightly turn down service where they would magically appear again while you're at dinner to light candles and to leave a special delectable treat every night in the fridge.

* Tell us how you liked the room: We were pleasantly surprised when we were upgraded to a casita. The rooms are great with beautiful Belizean hardwood furniture. The Mayan Artwork on the wall was impressive and they change them out every 4 days so you can see other art. The bathrooms are modern and spacious. The TV is a flat screen and has a million channels. The water pressure is pretty low. However, there was no shortage in hot water. The beds are super comfortable with soft sheets and we slept so well during our week long stay. We also really appreciated the in room wireless internet.

* Talk about the location & amenities: LOVED the location. It was not too close into town and gave us the feeling of absolute exclusivity. The other thing that people have not mentioned is that the temperature on the Ka’ana property is also much cooler than the town of San Ignacio or anywhere else. The grounds are full of trees and well maintained greenery so that it provides a canopy. AH-MAZING!

-Spa: Very pretty and smells great inside. We love how you can customize your massages with the various oils they have especially prepared from local ingredients. Flor is an amazing masseuse!

-Pool: Great pool. It is super clean and there is a waterfall so the sound of the water is actually very therapeutic. Like everything else in Ka’ana, there are little details that just make them over the top in a subtle way. There are always fresh smelling pool towels for your use. The temperature is always warm and it is also open 24 hours! VERY AWESOME. My husband and I loved taking night swims after our delicious dinners there.

Organic garden: Dude! All the fruits and veggies come from their organic garden. You can actually taste this. YUM YUM!

Fantasy dinner: MUST do. The Executive Chef prepared a special 5 course meal for us. The great thing was that he prepared a more adventurous dinner for my husband that included deer and a more creative dinner for me using fish and chicken. We must warn you that the portions for this fantasy dinner are huge. So, make sure you do this after an action packed day where you are starving.

Airport transfer: LOVED the air conditioned car. In retrospect, the Ka’ana hired transportation is much better than the other services at Belize. Although it’s $325 roundtrip, you get what you pay for. The AC worked very well compared to the other cars that claim they have AC. The drivers get you there efficiently and drive safely. Plus, it’ll just be your party and there will be no need to sardine people in a car. The price is also very high because the gas in Belize is super expensive.

Tours: MUST DO THESE TOURS. The tours look like they are pricy when you compare them to the prices of their competitors. HOWEVER, you get MORE than what you pay for and we were happy to pay the price and to also give generous tips to our outstanding guides. We went on the following tours: Zip lining / Cave Tubing; Tikal; ATM; Horseback riding to Xunantunich. All these tours were BEYOND amazing because Ka’ana hires the BEST tour guides. Each of our tours was very private and each of the guides went off the beaten path and customized our tours to what we wanted to do. The private tours also meant that you weren’t attached to 6 other people while cave tubing; or going through a cave with 10 other people. We saw tours that did the ATM with 10 people. They moved slowly and they didn’t get a personalized experience because they were waiting for other people. The great thing about Ka’ana is that they assigned us the best tour guides for that specific tour. When we went to Xunantunich, they assigned us Eduardo. Eduardo actually worked on part of the archeological crew that uncovered the ruins! When we went to Tikal, our tour guide went above and beyond and also gave us a jungle medicinal tour. When we went cave tubing/ zip lining and ATM caving, Emil was totally awesome. He even took us off the beaten path while cave tubing and took us on a jungle hike and explained the medicinal values of the plants. He also took us on a little spelunking preview while cave tubing. Did I mention that all our guides had ice cold waters and sodas readily available for us?! I can’t even say enough! We were also informed that any of the tours are customizable (just like everything in Ka’ana) to ensure that people of all ages can have a fabulous time.

Say what you liked best & least:
There is nothing that we didn't like about Ka'ana. Again, I think this is the first time I am saying this about any place I've ever been (and I've been to many luxury places).
Everything and everyone at Ka’ana were above and beyond. There are many, many places that can learn from your incomparable level of attentive and personalized customer service. Thank you for making our honeymoon even better than we imagined. We were completely blown away with all the details and care you provided us. We are already planning our next trip with the kids. GREAT JOB!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rhanee
Boston
Reviewed 22 July 2011

What I enjoyed most about my stay was the attentive staff, particularly Fallon, with guest services, who made booking my tours seamless. When I arrived, they asked me what I wanted to do, and they accommodated my ever-changing needs. The tour guides/drivers they used were all top-notch, and just to reiterate, they were all very accommodating. If you showed up late, wanted to stop somewhere to take pictures, or wanted to stop at the supermarket to pick up some items, it was no problem! The food here was very good. There was a good mix between more traditional and more European cuisine, and all the food was top notch, and made on-site. The only negative thing I could say about this hotel is that the decks are starting to look a little worn out and need another coat of paint, however, everything else was up to date.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Jenminem
Memphis, TN
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Wow, what a wedding experience you provided for us. Every single one of you. I am going to try to highlight our experiences and hope you can read between the lines on a job well done. If I were to express every great detail I would be writing forever. Somehow Ka ana managed to move 17 people, 18 if we include Jenna from the Peace Corps all around Belize without a hiccup. From the time we all got picked up at the airport by the ever patient, Wilbur, and to the drivers who took us to Hopkins to the drive to Dangriga, amazing when you consider the distances and timing.
It was such a treat to finally meet Juliet, Ian, and Christine after all the emails, you three were so successful in putting all this together. And then there is Fallon, I think she is really "wonder woman in disguise". She was always there, always ready to help. Fallon, the day of the wedding should go down as a real feather in your cap.
It went so smoothly, and I have to say, the ice cold towels were a really nice and refreshing touch.
Anyone out there planning a wedding to Belize, we recommend Ka Ana Resort highly

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
The Lodge at Chaa Creek
The Lodge at Chaa Creek
#2 of 33 in San Ignacio
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,178 reviews

Been to Ka'ana Resort? Share your experiences!