“Fantastic Honeymoon!”
Review of Ka'ana Resort

Ka'ana Resort
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in San Ignacio
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Ka'ana was absolutely wonderful. From the fabulous day trips, to the perfect spacious rooms, excellent food and great massages we had a fantastic honeymoon. We couldn't have asked for a better place.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 October 2011

We were stranded in the Cayo district and in need of a new hotel. We got to Ka'ana late in the evening and as soon as we got out of the car we got a wonderful welcome and great service. The room we stayed in was spacious, offered lovely linens and a luxurious bathroom. The sitting area in the room served us well and we enjoyed many lovely meals there. The room offered a private small garden on the backside and a hammock in front. The pool was great and never crowded. My husband and I had full body massages in their spa and the experience exceeded much of what we have experienced in Europe.

We very much enjoyed the possibility to eat anywhere, pool area, in the room, restaurant or bar for no extra charge. They were very friendly about it and never made us feel like we were bothering them when we wanted to eat outside of the restaurant.

One of the great upsides of Ka'ana for us was that the rooms were so clean! And though there are many small creatures in Belize, none of them ever made it inside.

The evening turn down service was great and they offered us sweets every night. All in all, it wasn't just the luxurious aura that made us fall in love with this hotel, but rather all the small details and their great service. A particular Thank You from us to Fallon and her staff for making our stay extraordinary!

Room Tip: The Castias are lovely and offer a relaxing sitting area which adds luxury to your stay.
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I stayed at Ka’ana Boutique Resort in late July. This truly lovely hotel sits just outside of San Ignacio, Belize. When I got there I wasn’t even really sure what a ‘boutique’ resort is, but I soon realized it means high luxury, like a boutique clothing store, which only sells a few of each item, and each item is superb.

Ka’ana has everything you would expect a super-high-end resort to have with a few surprises: perfectly tended grounds, spacious rooms complete with small sitting area, a glass-block window in the shower, iPod docks in each room, wifi everywhere, and the swimming pool has two levels and a waterfall spilling from one to the other.

Their spa uses Belizean products for the masks and scrubs (coffee, cacao and sugar). Each room has a flat-screen TV (although why anyone would want to watch TV in such a wonderful place is beyond me), welcome air-conditioning, delicious smelling lotion in the bathroom, and a deck on both ends of my casita. Our room also had an espresso machine, but sadly I needed instructions in how to operate it. I’m sure if I had asked they would have obliged instantly. The room has a safe, although their staff is so good I would fall over in shock if anything were missing. And possibly the nicest touch of all, our back deck had a yoga mat sitting there in a basket waiting for you; a very thoughtful touch.

The restaurant was also superb. I had the Garifuna Sera soup. WOW, fantastic. Our gracious hostess, Joanna Evans, born and raised in Dangriga, Belize, told me she would send me the recipe (!) And she did too. Now THAT’S service.

Although their property is somewhat small, it’s all beautifully landscaped and it is easy to get to any other place in Cayo you wish to visit. They will help with arranging your tours, or anything else you need.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2011

My wife and I just got back from the most luxurious Hotels in the world. Upon arriving, we were met by Dezarine, our guest services manager ,with a cool ginger drink. From the beganing, you know they are serious about taking care of you.Dezarine lined up our tour, and helped us with a day of fishing on the beach in Placencia. The General Manager, Fallon, made sure that all of our needs were being attended to. Fallon is a gem, very discreet and sincere about service to the customers. The Gourmet food, the pool, and the rooms were 5 star. The staff, from Fallon, Dezarine,Daryl, and even Candi, were eager to make your stay memorable. As Fallon says" they are competing against the world". Other resorts should take notes from this group. They know what they are doing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool
1  Thank sea_lover053
Reviewed 2 September 2011

My husband and I really needed a restful vacation and Ka'ana absolutely exceeded our expectations. The staff was very attentive and thoughtful, they made every day special.
The acommodations and meals were amazing. They knew I liked a particular tropical fruit and they went to the market to purchase and prepare it for me. I will go back as often as i can. I loved it.

Reviewed 28 August 2011

My wife and I were celebrating our 16th anniversary and looking for a special vacation retreat. We didn't know what to expect when we scheduled our vacation at Ka'ana Boutique Resort. The resort is located off of the main highway in San Ignacio; very easy to miss if you are unfamiliar. After turning on the resort property, we were in a jungle paradise. The resort has several separte "rooms" that compliment the natural surroundings. The rooms were cozy and well-maintained. The food was delicious and the staff, very friendly. The Guest Services Managers (Fallon and Desorine) were extremely attentative to our requests and made us feel like we were the only ones on the resort. They even tailored several excursions to suit our needs. We would definitely recommend Ka'ana Boutique Resort to anyone planning to visit Belize. Nate and Judy, Detroit.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

We have just returned from Ka'ana Boutique Resort and Spa and had the time of our lives!! We tried to choose a romantic adventure destination with today's difficult economy and relive the feel of some of our African jungle adventures years ago.when we were married in Kenya. The quality of the accommodations and the expert attention to every detail by their extraordinarty concierge co-ordinator and expert staff was superb!!! The cuinsine for every meal would make the world's top chefs quite envious and all of this in the jungle of Belize!! My jusband and I were celebrating our 16th anniversary and had a few medical concerns; but they tailored made all of our expeditions to the varous ruins a wonderful and safe experience.Their tour operators were top notch and well worth the addtional surcharges here and there. Our experience was outstanding in every way and our memories forever special!! Thank you to all!! Lydia and MItch Caldwell, Tampa, Florida

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Ignacio
3 mi away
Mystic River Resort
Mystic River Resort
#1 of 1 in Negroman

Been to Ka'ana Resort? Share your experiences!