We stayed at Ka' ana as our first of 2 resorts on our Honeymoon for 3 nights on May 14. I simply cannot say enough good praise about our experience. They truly made our Honeymoon the most special and memorable trip of our newly married lives. I have told everyone who will listen that if they go to Belize this the place to stay!
The debate was that my husband wanted to stay near the ocean to SCUBA dive and I wanted to see Tikal. The compromise was 3 nights in San Igancio and 4 nights in St. George's Caye. We wish we spent more time in San Ignacio at Ka'ana. The 2 hour drive from Belize City was completely worth it when we arrived.
We booked through their website and the confirmations and follow-up was great. They had a special going where we could get a 4th night free, but since we could not take advantage of that special, we were told (upon availability) we could be upgraded. When we arrived the staff greeted us with yummy refreshing lime drinks. I had asked about the possibly upgrading us, pursuant to earlier conversations, and they had already done it! Needless to say we were feeling scummy and tired from our trip (from CA) and they efficiently checked us in and took us to our room where our bags were already waiting along with a beautiful fruit plate and chocolate dipping sauce. I was in pig heaven!
The air-conditioning was great (I only truly appreciated it until we spent time at the second resort on a Caye that had terrible AC) as well as the posh amenities. Anything you can think of/want was available - the room had romantic candles, soft cotton robes, private porch, umbrellas, cotton balls, q-tips, amazing shampoo/conditioner (my hair never had it so good) that they make, organic soap, comfy bed, and 2 bottles of filtered water everyday are just a few of the cool things that I can remember. Oh, and every night they left a yummy surprise in the fridge!
In the evening because we were tired we decided to eat at the restaurant in the resort and being foodies - we highly recommend!! The next evening we went into town to taste some of the local fare and was disappointed in comparison to the food at the resort. Needless to say we ate at the resort the following evening. Every meal from breakfast to dinner was organic and amazing. In fact, I loved our pork chop so much, I asked if the chef would provide the recipe. Just before (sadly) leaving the resort, the chef kindly gave us the recipe that he had typed up just for us (the secret was that he brined it for 3 days!). OH, did I mention they have a wine cellar?!?!
Most people take excursions during the day, so the resort is somewhat quiet and serene. We spent the day at the resort when our tour accidentally (by the tour company) forgot about us and it ended up being one of the best days of our entire Honeymoon - epitomizing a lush vacation. We booked afternoon massages, chilled in and by the relaxing salt water pool before going to the spa, Oscar brought drinks and menus where we ordered and ate our lunch at the poolside. We spent the evening touring the organic garden and having our own private dinner on the patio near the bar (which has awesome drinks).
From the staff, Jennifer, Tatiana, and Oscar, to the impeccable grounds and accommodations - without hesitation we recommend staying at Ka'ana when you vacation in Belize! We will certainly be staying there in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ka'ana Resort is Belize's first Small Luxury Hotel of the World. True to its Mayan name 'Ka'ana' meaning, 'heavenly place,' this delightful resort, set in tropical gardens, offers exceptional accommodation in charming cottages with fine dining, superb service and easy access to ancient Mayan sites and numerous thrilling activities. Enjoy the best of Belize - its people, its food, and its attractions at a world class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Agoda so you can book your Ka'ana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ka`Ana Boutique Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel Ka Ana Boutique
- Ka'Ana Resort Belize/San Ignacio