From the second I stepped foot in Ka'Ana, I immediately felt the serenity of the environment washing away the stresses of everyday life! I was a little hesitant to take a vacation to a location with no beach, but the Sand & Stone package (4 days at Ka'Ana and 4 days at the Victoria House in San Pedro) proved to be the perfect option to get some culture as well as some relaxation time on our trip. There are endless activities to keep you busy there and we ended up running out of time to do everything we wanted to!
Favorite aspects of Ka'Ana:
- Incredibly attentive and kind staff. They would chat with us every day at the restaurant and bar about our daily activities, and made helpful recommendations. The last night when my boyfriend and asked if we could roast marshmallows in the fire pit, our waiter went into the rain forest to find us roasting sticks and brought out a platter with cookies, marshmallows, and chocolate chips - talk about being waited on hand and foot!
- The turn-down service. It was so lovely returning to our room every night to a clean room, closed blinds, lit candles, and a mini-dessert surprise in the refrigerator (sorry to ruin the surprise)!
- I enjoyed the healthy restaurant menu options - the green juice for breakfast is a great way to start an action-packed day!
A few words of advice I would give after having stayed there:
- Be sure to book any special activities that you want to plan a day in advance at least. Since the resort is very small, the front desk will have to call someone to come in to perform services such as massages, yoga classes etc., and the drink-making and cooking classes time slots may fill up.
- If you are going to a second location on your trip, ask about flying from the small airport about 5 minutes away from the resort. It was about the same cost as driving/water taxi and made the whole travelling experience much less cumbersome.
Overall, I wish the staff at Ka'Ana very well as they are truly exceptional! For that, Ka'Ana gets my stamp of approval.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ka'ana Resort is Belize's first Small Luxury Hotel of the World. True to its Mayan name 'Ka'ana' meaning, 'heavenly place,' this delightful resort, set in tropical gardens, offers exceptional accommodation in charming cottages with fine dining, superb service and easy access to ancient Mayan sites and numerous thrilling activities. Enjoy the best of Belize - its people, its food, and its attractions at a world class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Ka'ana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ka`Ana Boutique Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel Ka Ana Boutique
- Ka'Ana Resort Belize/San Ignacio