My wife and I went to Belize for 2 weeks. One week in Placencia (Resort Chabil Mar) and one week at Ka'ana. Both Resorts don't really have anything to do unless you like reading & sleeping all day. But at least your closer to the town in Placencia for night life & everything else it has to offer.
Chabil offers a shuttle service from the resort to the town from 4-10pm everyday plus if it's early they will still drop you off anywhere you want to go. Ka'ana should really take notes on that service since the Resorts are on the same level.
Ka'ana shouldn't say they have a poor here at the Resort because it's nothing like a poor (way too small) maybe you can call it a oversized jacuzzi without the jets.
Sanignacio was great to see the cave tubing and mayan ruins but if we were to come back we would totally be to stay in Placencia @Resort Chabil Mar.
One more thing the rooms are much nicer @Chanil Mar as well
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ka'ana Resort is Belize's first Small Luxury Hotel of the World. True to its Mayan name 'Ka'ana' meaning, 'heavenly place,' this delightful resort, set in tropical gardens, offers exceptional accommodation in charming cottages with fine dining, superb service and easy access to ancient Mayan sites and numerous thrilling activities. Enjoy the best of Belize - its people, its food, and its attractions at a world class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ka'ana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ka`Ana Boutique Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel Ka Ana Boutique
- Ka'Ana Resort Belize/San Ignacio