Myself and my husband visited Belize in Aug 2014 for our honeymoon. We stayed at Ka'ana for 4 nights and it was a perfect base to explore the fascinating culture, history and nature that Belize has to offer.
The rooms are lovely, decorated with local art and furnished with Belizean furniture which makes for a more authentic experience. The staff are so friendly and welcoming and attentive to your every need. The atmosphere is incredibly relaxed and peaceful and you are surrounded by the sounds of the jungle.
On arrival we were warmly greeted by the friendly management team (Jock and Janine) and offered welcome cocktails which were ideal after our long journey. Then in the room we had a fruit platter and chocolate dip waiting for us which was delicious!
The small, intimate touches are the things that we will remember from this hotel... candles lit in your rooms at night, treats left in the fridge, private dining experience amongst the wildlife, pathways lit by candle light, breakfast in bed, the calmness of the resort and most notably the staff were so friendly and keen to meet your every need. The staff were so proud of their country, San Ignacio and the hotel. One staff member even stating that he looked to work each day as he genuinely loved his job and meeting new people.
We would recommend this hotel to any of our family and friends. Its the perfect jungle hide out if you are looking for an adventurous holiday in the jungle whilst enjoying the luxury of a boutique resort to return to from your daily adventures.
The only minor fault was that the TV was faulty throughout our stay and the wifi connection was poor in the rooms. Whilst I appreciate that we didn't go to the jungle for these elements however it is advertised as a high end resort which promises these facilities. This was not a priority for ourselves but worth mentioning if these facilities are important to you.
Thanks for a great experience,
Simon and Gemma (England)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ka'ana Resort is Belize's first Small Luxury Hotel of the World. True to its Mayan name 'Ka'ana' meaning, 'heavenly place,' this delightful resort, set in tropical gardens, offers exceptional accommodation in charming cottages with fine dining, superb service and easy access to ancient Mayan sites and numerous thrilling activities. Enjoy the best of Belize - its people, its food, and its attractions at a world class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Agoda, Booking.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Ka'ana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ka`Ana Boutique Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel Ka Ana Boutique
- Ka'Ana Resort Belize/San Ignacio