My husband and I started our honeymoon at the Ka'ana resort and ended our trip at the Victoria in San Pedro. We had an incredible time. We were picked up at the airport by a member of the Ka'ana staff (I can't remember his name now, but he was great!) On the ride, he gave us tons of information about Belize, the culture, its people. We were blown away when we saw the room. Belize isn't really a place where you see luxury resorts, but the casita here is great. Comfy bed, flat screen TV, clean spa-like bathroom. There are a lot of bugs and mosquitoes love me. So we did have to load up on the heavy duty bug repellent whenever we ventured out on day trips. On your first night, they invite you into the small but cozy wine cellar which was nice. We took several day trips which were amazing. We went to Tikal in Guatemala to see the Mayan temples. On the way there we did the zip lines right on the border between Belize and Guatemala. So much fun! We also were asked if we minded sharing our trip with another couple. We didn't at all and they gave us a nice discount for it which we weren't expecting. We also went cave tubing which was amazing!
Last but certainly not least, the FOOD! My husband and I consider ourselves to be somewhat of foodies. The new chef for the resort had not been there long. When we were in the wine cellar, we mentioned to the staff that my husband used to be a chef. When we sat down for our first meal, the chef came out and introduced himself. He asked if we would be willing to try out some new things he was working on. We told him he could serve us whatever he wanted every night. Best decision EVER! The food was a wonderful combination of authentic Belizean cuisine with a fine dining twist. He made us something different every night and would come out and get our feedback. (Which was always a rave.)
You can't go wrong coming to Ka'ana. It is expensive, but well worth it!
I almost forgot, they also have you plant a tree on the grounds before you leave as a way of absorbing your carbon footprint. Loved that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ka'ana Resort is Belize's first Small Luxury Hotel of the World. True to its Mayan name 'Ka'ana' meaning, 'heavenly place,' this delightful resort, set in tropical gardens, offers exceptional accommodation in charming cottages with fine dining, superb service and easy access to ancient Mayan sites and numerous thrilling activities. Enjoy the best of Belize - its people, its food, and its attractions at a world class resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Ka'ana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ka`Ana Boutique Hotel San Ignacio
- Hotel Ka Ana Boutique
- Ka'Ana Resort Belize/San Ignacio