Ka'ana Resort
  • Pool
US$659
US$449
  • Breakfast included
Black Rock Lodge(Black Rock)
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewska anawine cellarbedroom villaorganic gardenour honeymoonsweet corncave tubingfire pitcooking classprivate poolprivate tourturn down servicethe general manageroutdoor showerprivate dinnerwelcome drinkpork chop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 February 2011

My husband and I stayed here at Ka'ana for the second week of our honeymoon, and the stay was absolutely the best stay we've ever had anywhere.

There are many impressive aspects to Ka'ana, but the most supreme would be the staff. Sincerely helpful, they really do make it so unique and special. When my husband arrived at the airstrip in Belmopan, one of the owners Ian picked us up and ushered us out to Ka'ana. He's very personable, professional, and a genuinely nice man. He even saw us in Santa Elena and saved us a taxi back to Ka'ana and when we out to the pool, he sent us a complimentary pitcher of their Sweetcorn Colada! (The Sweetcorn Colada is definitely worth the trip to Belize.)

In addition to Ian, there were several very gracious ladies who helped us on the trip, and I'm so angry at myself for forgetting their names. I'd gotten a heat rash and several nasty mosquito bites, and they happened to have an RN on staff who could take a look at it and help me out with it. Another of the ladies suggested a horseback ride for one of our daytrips that took us over a river and an unexcavated mayan ruin, and it ended up being our favorite activity of the entire honeymoon. (And I think it was also she who developed the idea for the Sweetcorn Colada. Trust me, when you try one, you'll understand why I'm obsessed.) In essence, the staff is very accommodating. I'd wanted to get a brown sugar body scrub that I'd seen on their website months previous but they no longer offered it, and their spa staff contacted me right away to recommend other treatments.

Our room was excellent - Room 8. It was such a comfortable room, air conditioning, turndown service with a midnight snack, excellent television stations, candles and matches, a fully stocked and affordable mini bar, and my favorite with the room was the custom soaps. I particularly liked the cinnamon one. One of the benefits of the resort being smaller is that they knew where we were the entire time. If we were at the pool or at dinner or at lunch, they would know when to do turndown service or when to clean.

The restuarant was very good, and they deliver to your room and the pool. The banana smoothie and parfait are excellent for breakfast, shrimp chorizo for lunch, and for dinner, they make a different bread accompaniment every night, and it's absolutely delicious. The restaurant staff always remember your name, and they call you Mr. or Ms. (Yup, my husband loved being called Mr. David the entire week)

The other guests at the resort were very sweet people. There were other Americans and Europeans there, and they were all very laid back, very friendly. And even the gentleman who took us horsebackriding remarked that all the clients from Ka'ana were always very nice people.

It's a beautiful place, it's air-conditioned, and the people are friendly. What more could you want?

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
ianlizarraga, Owner at Ka'ana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2011

Thank you so much for such a thorough and heartfelt review! I'm thrilled I got to meet the two of you as well as spend as much time with you as i did. It was a treat for me to see you two enjoying Belize and Ka'ana and becoming immersed in the culture and region that you were in. I'm very grateful that you chose to share your experience with the readers here. All the best to you both and Happy Travels for the future!

Reviewed 24 January 2011

Wow! This hotel is one of the most beautiful properties I have seen. From the minute we arrived, Aurora welcomed us to the most unique experience.

The casitas are beautifully appointed in a lush jungle setting and comes with all of the modern conveniences.

The restaurant is top notch, with an amazing chef who uses locally grown, organic productis from Ka'ana's own garden.

Greetel, the masseuse at the spa is incredible! It's no wonder she is a local favorite and works at this five-star hotel.

Every wish and need that we had during our stay was granted by Aurora, Albert and the rest of the Ka'ana staff! We even had the pleasure to chat with Ian, one of the owners who graciously offered us transportation to and from town in his own car.

The level of detailand personalized service you experience at Ka'ana surpasses your expectations.

In traveling across the world, you see it all! Ka'ana is one of those places that leaves a lasting impression.

Thanks to everyone!

Vanessa and Pamyla

is one of the friendliest and most professional staff

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank Vauerswald
ianlizarraga, Owner at Ka'ana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2011

Thank you, Pamela and Vanessa, for your kind words! I am also glad I had the chance to meet you both and on behalf of the entire Ka'ana team, we are very happy you chose to visit Belize and our resort. With your time inland combined with your stay on the beach, you'll have had the complete Belize experience and we couldn't be more pleased! Safe travels for the future!

Reviewed 23 January 2011

We luckily went to Ka'Anna for 5 days before and including XMAS with 2 college age boys. The resort's location is well situated for ruins and zipline and cave tours. The standards at the hotel from food to service were 5 star quality. We cannot say enough about the customer service. My husband and I have stayed at highly regarded US hotel and feel the rooms and service and food could compare to any in the US, even though Ka"Anna is in a remote location. The private tours are incredible. I felt the tour guide/naturalists were as knowledgeable as those I had experienced on National Geographic tours. The staff attended to any of our needs. We felt it was a great value.

I feel the resort is better suited to adults and older children. Most guests spend their days on tours and then can relax in rooms and restaurants at end of day. There is an attractive small pool and small spa but not much on the property to entertain children. You should count on getting your exercise on the tours via hiking, swimming etc as roads are not appropriate for running or biking. That said, you can get plenty tired hiking through the jungle.

We would all highly recommend this resort to anyone going to inland Belize.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank berbBuffalo
ianlizarraga, Manager at Ka'ana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2011

What a pleasure it was to host you and to now read this review of your time in Belize and at Ka'ana! When our guests leave feeling like they've truly experienced the geography, culture, and history of this region, and that they did so hosted by a team of hospitality professionals, then we feel we've accomplished what we set out to do at Ka'ana. Thank you for your kind words and your appreciation. All the best for your future travels!

Reviewed 18 January 2011

So as you will read from other reviews the hotel is nice and the beds are comfortable and so on but what pissed us off is that once you are there they try to upsell you on all their tours and services.

(use pacz they are great at a great price!)

We booked a trip to Tikal since it was our first day in Belize and didn't have plans and they charged my gf and I $440 in US currency!!
Once we went into town we found other tour companies charging $85 per person. And if you just hire the driver and guide yourself you can do it even cheaper.

They also tack on an additional ten percent to everything on top of Belize sales tax of 12.5 percent and then told us tipping is reccomended too!

Bottom line is stay here only if you are such an American that you can't do anything yourself and are ok paying through the roof in central america.

Also they are located a few miles out of town and don't provide any shuttling so be prepared to shell out for taxi fares.

• Stayed: January 2011
6  Thank Blevin
ianlizarraga, Manager at Ka'ana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2011

There are a few different ways to experience Belize and as most visitors are aware of before coming to Ka'ana, when you allow us to script your experience, you are ensured highly personalized, exclusive service, food, and tours and yes, they come at a cost. As was communicated to you upon your arrival, Ka'ana's tours are private for a reason- they allow our guides to go at your pace, show you things traditional group tours are unable to, and they tend to veer off the beaten path. They are also led by some of the most highly-trained and paid professionals in this country. If experiencing Belize on a budget is what you'd prefer, then that's absolutely fine with us, but please understand that if you choose to stay at the first and only Small Luxury Hotel of the World in the country and the premier luxury boutique property in Western Belize, you will be guaranteed the best service and value...if you'll allow us. We were more than happy to host you and while you never expressed any dissatisfaction while with us, perhaps if you choose to visit Belize again, you will do so hosted by a property that you feel is a better match for your budget and touring preferences. Overall, it is the country that we want to share with our visitors and if you were able to appreciate the history, culture, and geography of this very special place, then we're happy for you.

Reviewed 14 January 2011

This was our first visit to Belize/Ka'ana and we will be definitely going back! We had the best 4 nights here. I can't speak enough how luxury and warm the place was. The staffed greeted us immediately and was so helpful the whole trip. Loved that it was very close to adventure! We went to the mayan caves and a day trip to Tikal. Some time just lounge around the room and pool with cocktails. We enjoyed having dinner in the restaurant here too. The food tasted authentic. Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: October 2010