The Sea Breeze Hotel
Mirador Hotel(Corozal Town)
US$45
Hotel Noor(Chetumal)
US$47
Hotel Casa Blanca(Chetumal)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$27
US$47
US$43
US$74
US$72
Hotel Juliette(Chetumal)
US$39
All reviewsthe ownerbudget hotellonely planethot waterair conditioningstayed for one nightbalconybelizetownbaydockmarionmattressescook
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Just got back from staying in this hotel. Fantastic hotel staff and owner. Gwyn is full and i mean full of information and when it came to me wanting an indian res he took me there, there and then. If you dont stop here you would be silly not too. I am going back in a few weeks this will be my first port of call before i move into my own house. I have never wrote a review and i have travelled the hole world. In one short sentence cheap well designed buget hotel owner is fantastic and the friendlest welsh man i have ever met.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank belizeboy_11
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We found Sea Breeze and Gwyn on our first trip to Corozal and when it was time to return to Belize he was the first place I contaced to secure a room.
For the price the accomdations can't be beat and although the property is older it is comfortable, clean and the atmosphere is wonderful. If you want to know about Belize, Corozal or the area the 'lounge' upstairs is the place to be in the evenings, we have always enjoyed the people we meet and the conversations that take place.
The wi-fi service is fast and reliable and I loved sitting on the patio working on the web while my husband enjoyed a cigar and a read on his kindle while overlooking the bay.
Location wise the Sea Breeze couldn't be better, walking distance from the bus station and just blocks from the heart of the town and open outdoor market.
Breakfast was cooked by Sandra and never disappointed us!
The location is in a 'residential' area so there are all the normal noises of dogs, cars and people so you need to understand that when booking.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emrir
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I stayed at the Sea Breeze for several days in August on an inpromptu work to investigate the Corozal area as a possible retirement locale for my mom. Lonely Planet recommended the place in an older publication so I went with their rec. Very clean and basic budget accomodations which are exactly as advertised. The sleeping and bath accomodations were comfortable (although a glass fixture over the bare ceiling bulb would have been nice) and the hotel served as an excellent home base from which I explored the town and surrounding area. The owner Gwyn is certainly a character and if you don't mind hearing the F word a lot ( I don't recommend children stay here) you'll come home with a story or two about this peculiar, gruff, and quite colorful welshman. Because of the ambiant tension given off when the owner is in a bit of a "mood" I cut my stay short to explore the sunnier side of Belize and to prepare for my reluctant return to the stressful life of an american criminal defense attorney. The morning of my departure the owner was up at the crack of dawn and at the front gate ready to drive me the short walk to the water taxi. That's the kind of service you wouldn't expect from a budget hotel, but it's all Gwyn. ALL of the reviews I've read on TripAdvisor about this hotel and it's owner are true ( consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds) and you are in for a pleasant if not interesting stay when the owner is on duty. However, no matter the mood of the owner, as long as Gwyn runs this establishment, you are guarenteed a clean, tidy stay at a great price. Oh, by the by, that water taxi took me to another wonderful Belize destination, Caye Caulker. I found another great $20.00 a night hotel, fabulous Belizean townsfolk, completely stress free ambiance, three heavenly days playing on the reef and an adorable little house I bought for my mom. Still, when we start the move next year, one of the first places we will stop in at is the Sea Breeze. If for no other reason than to introduce mom to Gwyn (she thinks I made him up,) his latest street dog, and the sweet neighbor two doors down who made my stay at the Sea Breeze so pleasant.

Room Tip: Stay away from the right (as you face the hotel) side rooms as the neighbor on that side is within spitting distance and their teenagers and dogs are pretty loud at night, even on weekdays.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Alex W
Reviewed 7 October 2011

if u ever make it 2 corozal belize this is a must stay,reasonable rates,safe and secure.the owner Gwyn is a wealth of information.when in this town this is the place 2 stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank lilred4x
Reviewed 25 August 2011

The Seabreeze hotel was and always will be the first place I check in when I am in Corozal.
As a hotel owner too, I can tell you that Gwyn, the owner of the Seabreeze, is doing a great job and work very hard to accomodate travelers, at a cheap price. Everything is well thought in the hotel to provide guests a wonderful stay in Corozal. Informatives papers on the walls given you all the info needed for a great Corozal experience.
The roof and the terrasse of the hotel facing the bay are the best spot to enjoy a drink from the hotel bar and watch amazing sunsets.
The atmosphere is really friendly and make me feel at home. Their is couches in the lobby, with lots of info about Corozal and Belize, like books and flyers.
The hotel is wisely arranged and give this felling of being at home. The rooms are perfect, clean, with tv, fan, good beds. It is the best regarding quality-price.
I always have a great time here, meeting all kind of interesting people.

I think the few bad reviews given are not deserved at all and come from people who want high standing service at a budjet price. Some travelers used to fancy hotels lowered their budjet for accommodation but not their expectations.
It is sad that instead of paying the price for the standing they want in a fancy hotel, they check in cheap hotels and then complain.

The Seabreeze hotel is the best you can get among Corozal accomomdation, it has been classified as Author's pick in the Lonely Planet.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends