“Best spot in town!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Corozal Town
Vancouver, Canada
“Best spot in town!”
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights at the Sea Breeze Hotel in Corozal in early November 2013. The ocean-front location, facilities and hospitality are the best in town! We had a great upstairs outside room with private bathroom, with use of the kitchen and common areas including a great bar/lounge area and patio. Wifi and hot shower were delightful and welcome perks of our stay here. Thanks to Gwyn and his great team, including Beverley, for a wonderful stay.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank eatrunsee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lilburn, Georgia
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I intended to stay here for a day or two, but kept extending my stay. Gwyn, Beverly and Red (the dog) along with the community make this place!

Gwyn is a wealth of knowledge and always willing to help you get to your next stop. Or, sit around the bar and let him tell you stories from his youth! You will have a great time. Beverly makes a wonderful breakfast.

The accomadations are basic, but include cable TV. The room was very clean, something I appreciated from budget establishments more since I've been traveling for the last month. I opted for a non-air conditioned room. I was surprisingly comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank CopperGolden
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 24 October 2013

For those of who need a solid WiFI signal The Sea Breeze worked great. Enjoyed a morning cup of Belizian coffee, surfing the net while looking out at the great ocean view from the second floor.

The owner, is a British expat, so there was a decent level of service. Air conditioner, not in all rooms, worked great in the room I had. You need it as it was quite hot and humid by mid afternoon.

Water pressure was excellent as was the heat although there was no water for 8 hours one night but was a issue outside of the hotel.

The good restaurants, Primos, I believe was the name is on the other side of the town so I enjoyed a nice 20 minute morning walk for a bite to eat at lunch as well as as enjoy the dark and very strong Belikin beer. I wish it was imported into Mexico as it is quite good.

Corozal Town an interesting small city of 10,000 people. The country itself only has about 335,000 people and English language is spoken with ease by just about everybody which was nice.

I was in Belize to renew my next six months of staying in Mexico on a "tourist card". Yes, American you can live in Mexico for six months then leave for seventy-two hours then come back into Mexico for six months with no hassle. I either go to Guatemala, Belize or back to Texas and this time chose to go to Belize. The trip took seven hours from the northern Yucatan city of Merida which is the capital by the way and a million people. Considered to be the "safest" city to live in Mexico. It's true:)

Happy trails...

GringoYuca

hillcountrynetradio dot com

Merida, Yucatan - Austin, Texas

Room Tip: Lowest price for the ocean view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank GringoYuca T
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Visited Corozal for a week during September. Stayed at the Sea Breeze the entire time. It is an economy, no frills hotel. However, it was exceptionally clean, had no problem being barefoot in the room. The bathroom and shower were fine. Good water pressure and plenty of hot water. The cable TV will satisfy anyone, however I didn't see and flat screen/HD televisions. The WiFi was iffy at times, had to move around to find best signal strength. The hotel, located in the northern end of town was within easy walking distance to all of the downtown area. Gwyn, the business owner, was a great host and source of local knowledge. He will do anything possible to help. Beverly, the cook/housekeeper/girl Friday, was a jewel. Take time to visit with her and ask about the farm she and her family own. A fascinating story and will give you a great insight into the local culture. Finally, if it is available, be sure to ask for the fresh squeezed orange juice for breakfast! Delicious!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank chefpeppers
weltbürger
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We had only planned to stay there for 1 night & move on to Chetumal the very next morning.
Instead we were shocked to realize that we had forgotten our passports in a fisherman village - about a 3 hour bus drive from Corozal! With a bus connection only twice a day!

Before panic fully set in we met Gwen - the owner of Sea Breeze in Corozal. He SAVED us!!!!
Gwen immediately made phone calls, wrote text messages & emails and came up with 3!!!! rescue plans for us getting our passports back asap.
It all worked out with zero effort for us and we had our passports back in our hands the very next day.
Since he is not only the best passport rescuer in Belize but also really fun to drink a beer with we stayed another night at his clean & very economic place.
We enjoyed our stay very much! Thank you for everything Gwen!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank cactus0815
Toledo, OH
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I picked the Sea Breeze from a travel book in 2012 and loved it. This June (2013) I returned to Corozal and was looking forward to staying there again. Gwenn has run the place for years and he remembered me from my last visit. It was almost like renewing an old friendship. A great value; beautiful view with a breeze off the bay, lots of hot water and great showers, clean room, and lots of services. A very enjoyable stay. I will stay here again when I return in early 2014.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank ML42
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Just showed up here randomly and was lucky to get a room for my girlfriend & I, the hotel later filled up that night. Excellent location, aptly named place as the breezes pick up in the evening making a non aircon room completely fine. Hotel offers excellent value services (bikes, breakfast, laundry) that we took full advantage of. The owner Gwyn is a stand up guy with tons of experienced advice and knowledge about Belize and beyond, a great help for further trip planning. Also a nice hotel to meet other travelers and the odd local or four. Highly recommended for Corozal.

• Stayed May 2013
#6 of 20 in Chetumal
Hotel Villa Fontana
Hotel Villa Fontana
#14 of 20 in Chetumal

Been to The Sea Breeze Hotel? Share your experiences!