“"Relaxing, beautiful and the best vaca ever"”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stann Creek
Kanantik Reef & Jungle Resort
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Stann Creek
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“"Relaxing, beautiful and the best vaca ever"”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My husband and I went and stayed at the Kanantik Reef & Jungle Resort and couldn't have been more happy. From the time we arrived to the time we left the whole staff was warm, welcoming and extremely friendly! My husband and I especially loved the bar staff! They always knew our names after only one introduction and they had drinks ready for us before we could even ask for the next! Taking care of us in every way. We were so pleased with our beautiful rooms and the nicely appointed dining hall with three meals a day, with a great appetizer hour. Can I also say the friends we made on this trip will be ones for a lifetime!

Room Tip: There is not a bad room in the place. All are exceptional.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Darren M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Redway, California
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Just finished a stay at Kanantik and was a little disappointed. First, I will state that I booked this trip over a year ago. I had to cancel the trip. Kanantik was very generous in offering us a full credit to use within a year.
The reason I chose Kanantik was for the full service resort with an on site dive opperation. My husband and I had visions of diving everyday and then relaxing on the beach in the afternoon. This was not the case. We were informed when we emailed the hotel about their dive opperation that they no longer had one on site, but would be happy to set us up with another dive shop. We ended up contacting Happie Go Lucy Tours in Hopkins and went out with them. We had a great time, but this was not the roll out of the cabana and dive trip I had planned. Hopkins is about a 45 minute drive from Kanantik.
My main complaint is that Kanantik's website is misleading. As the above reviewer states, it is no longer a full service resort. It is being used to sell real estate for Sanctuary Belize, who seemed to me to be a high pressure sales team. We were told when rebooking our trip that they hoped we would not mind being there with a large group. I was informed it was a group of potential property investors. I felt that since I had a credit, there was not much I could do. They gave us a beautiful cabana away from the group. It was a little weird being there with people who I felt were on a time share sales trip listening to motivational, high pressure sales techniques with bank representatives there waiting to take their money so they can finish the project that is underway. Not what I had envisioned.
We experienced a bug problem while sleeping. The bed in our cabana was infested with something that bit our legs. Wevasked for the sheets to be changed, which they were, but the bugs kept biting.
I have only good things to say about the staff. They were all very friendly and helpful.
If I had to do it again, I would book at Hamanasi.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Lindsaybrink
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Hello. I rarely, if ever, write a review. However, our recent stay at Kanantik (Dec 28 - Jan 2, 2014) compelled me to add a few thoughts to TA.

First, the property is absolutely beautiful...if you are looking for a property "in the middle of nowhere...with no one around" than Kanantik is the place for you. Don't get me wrong, "in the middle of nowhere" is hardly a slight on this secluded beachfront slice of heaven in Belize. Its amazing.

The problem: Kanantik is not really a full service hotel / resort. Apparently it is now partnered with a neighboring real estate development that is using Kanantik as a base camp to sell customers on neighboring property. As a result, many of the services and activities that you would expect from "The #1 Resort in Belize (as indicated on its web site)" just doesn't exist.

For example, we booked our trip months ahead of our December arrival. We were looking for a high-end, luxury-type, beach front resort that offered scuba diving from the resort. The Kanantik web site offered a 5-Day Scuba Package which appealed to us. The activity section and other areas of the web site note scuba as one of the primary activities available at the resort.

About 3 weeks prior to our trip, after our flights were booked, we naturally were in touch with Kanantik to schedule our various activities (if you're like us, we plan each day of vacation as best we can to maximize our days.)

"Kanantik does not offer diving during your stay..." we were told. Uugh! What does that mean? "Your web site touts fabulous diving from the docks of Kanantik?" Well, that just isn't the case...and hasn't been for about 6 months (we learned this during our stay).

We booked Kanantik to get away from the larger crowds of Ambergis Caye and other 'resort areas".

We had visions of rolling out of our beachfront cabanas (which are simplistically amazing) and on to our dive boat, skipping the crowds.

To its credit, and after learning of our frustration, the staff (which are super friendly) booked us with a dive shop about an hour or so away (Uugh). [The boat broke down twice on subsequent days 30 and 35 miles offshore...but, the 4 dives we got in were still worth it!...but, this just added to our frustration due to the extra travel, and losing the time and meals we had pre-paid for at the resort.]

Posts like these don't give all the details...but if you're looking for a great luxury dive resort, Kanantik is just not the place --- even if its web site indicates a dive package. Rumor has it that it will be a full service resort again in a year or so...and, when it is, I'll be glad to re-visit this amazing piece of heaven and hope to get that scuba trip in Belize we were looking forward to this holiday.

Oh, no bugs...and the wild life on property is a a great treat!

K & K

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank K D
Oregon Coast, Oregon
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This was truly a jungle caribbean beach all inclusive resort experience. The living quarter "huts" were first class, and you walked directly onto the beach. Pool was delightful, food excellent, service exceptional, and may I say the rum punches flowed like lava ! Can't wait till I return again Feb 14th 2014 !

Room Tip: They are all great !
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank winedude1
Columbus, Mississippi
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Last week we spent several days at this outstanding resort as we were there for the Sanctuary Belize tour. The staff was excellent, the food was very good and the environment is very relaxing and comfortable. Regardless of what a handful of others might have said with respect to the bugs in the rooms or water leaking in, we experienced none of that and we did not hear any of that from any of the others in our group. Hats off to Douglas the manager, Jason at the bar, Carol in the dining room and Louise at the front desk as well as Pete, our host to the Zipline which was amazing in and of itself. The accommodations were clean and the surrounding gardens and jungle were absolutely beautiful. If you find yourself fortunate enough to go on the Sanctuary Belize tour you will stay at this resort and you will not have regrets.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank marksmithTortola
San Jose, California
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This resort is out of the way. It has its own little landing strip so you can get here by air.

The staff is friendly and take care of everything. They know when your flight comes in and when it leaves and there are people standing by to help you get to where you are going.

You get your own little bungalow with an ocean view.

If you have dietary restrictions the staff will do all they can to serve you something that you can eat.

If you want to go somewhere that you can just sit back and relax this is the spot to do it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank pnoack
Ramsey, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We recently spent six days here as part of our Discover Sanctuary Belize tour. The setting, accommodations, food, and attention to detail were all top notch. But above all else, the level of customer service stands out in my mind. Michael and all of his staff make a point of getting to know you personally and do all that they can to make your stay an enjoyable one. Pete, one of their guides, helped us to get to know Belize intimately, and taught us much about it's history, culture, and environment in the short time that we were there. We were traveling with three sons ages 19, 22, and 24. Do you think that they missed having TV and internet in the room? Not at all - when at Kanantik you will want to be out enjoying the beautiful surroundings and your hosts and hostesses who are warm, friendly, and eager to share their love of Belize with you.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family