“Great food and beautiful river and ocean view”
Review of Riverside Cafe

Riverside Cafe
Ranked #7 of 15 Restaurants in Dangriga
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We serve seafood like shrimp, lobster, conch(seasonal), fish fillet, and fried or streamed whole fish(snapper) daily for Dinner. For Lunch we serve the best of Belizean cuisine like rice and beans or stew beans served with beef, pork, chicken or fish. Breakfast consist of Fry Jacks or flour tortillas with all the trimmings. RiverView Restaurant is also a tourist resource center with maps and fliers about Dangriga destinations.
Reviewed 26 May 2013

On May 2nd, we went to the old location and found out they had moved to a much nicer location which is located west of bridge. The food was great...I had fried fish with coconut rice and beans and my friend had chicken with rice and beans.
The owner Mrs. Maudeline Westby was very pleasant and provided us with great information about the country. The view and sea breeze was breath taking. We just wanted to sleep there after eating.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Tried my first taste of garifuna cuisine at the riverside and it was fantastic. Tried two local soups, the deliciously sweet Hudut and the hearty bundiga. Also tried Madeline's house special fish fillet, cassava fries and rum, tomato and soy sauce. Madeline is also very helpful with information for travellers. She let me into the kitchen and we made a little video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3bvbvkCiwI

Reviewed 16 February 2013

There were not so many places in Dangriga town where you can sit and rest for longer than the time you need to finish your meal, but Riverside Cafe was one of those few places. We had great lobster there, as well as a good chicken burger, with cold beers. We were also told that this was the place where all information on transport out of Dangriga can be obtained.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

Had a really good meal at the Riverside Cafe. The lady that runs it is super helfpul and friendly. The snapper that I had was one of my best meals in Belize. Definitely recommend eating here!

1  Thank Tuomas_L
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I came during slow season. However, there was not much on the menu and sometimes I had only one choice for an entree. I wanted a beer and all they had was coke to drink. Literally that was all they had to drink not even fanta or water. I always had someone to eat with me as they city was really friendly.