“All that end's well. . .”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dangriga
Pelican Beach - Dangriga
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dangriga
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I did not get off to a great start at Pelican Beach. They did not come to get me at the airport, as arranged. I was exhausted since I had left home at 3am, so I didn't want to haul my suitcase down the rutted road, even though it wasn't far. They guys at the airport called the hotel several times and got no answer. Finally, one of the guys who worked there offered me a ride. Bless his heart! When I got to PBR, they showed me to a room that made me want to cry. There were windows, I will admit that, and it was sparkling clean, but the windows were up so high on the wall, the room felt extremely claustrophobic. But the young woman who showed me the room saw right away that I was a bit upset; she told me they were still cleaning some rooms and I could have one of them. Having realized by then that I had forgotten to pack my sandals, I walked into town to buy flip flops and when I came back, I had a beer on the patio (complimentary because of the missed airport pick up). And then they showed me to a room with no AC but with a lovely verandah overlooking the water. Part of the problem, I discovered, was that most of the rooms overlooking the restaurant and the water at the front of the hotel were being renovated. They are almost certainly done by now. But this is an old building and every room is different so it is hit or miss--and they had some kind of group there at the time. But the staff were wonderful, especially Stephanie at the desk. I only stayed one night as I was heading out to Glover's reef the next day, but I had an excelled dinner at the restaurant. I met some people there who invited me to go into town to hear some Garifuna drumming. We danced in the street with a crowd of locals and had a fabulous time, so overall, I have very good memories of Pelican Beach.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Pelican Beach - Dangriga

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I didn't stay at the hotel, but I was there for 2 days, for a conference that was using their facilities.
The food was excellent. The people working there were more than helpful. I was trying to find a way to get back to the city quickly and they gave me info for tropicair. Also, even though I wasn't staying with them, they gave me a ride over to the airstrip.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We visited here on our way to the Pelican Beach Resort on South Water Caye island paradise.
We knew little of what to expect other than what friends reported and what we read on Trip Advisor. We were picked up at the airstrip and taken to the Dangriga property where the staff graciously stored our luggage for us so that we could get out and walk the town. We had a lovely lunch then were transferred by boat to the island resort. It began to rain as we set out for the island so we were give slickers.
At the island we were greeted warmly and given a tour of the island. We spent 3 too short days on the beach snorkeling or on a boat snorkeling. Our meals were hearty, very tasty and we greatly appreciate all the excellent care by Theresita, Altoon, Shemeka, Richie, our snorkeling guide, and other staff. Our cabin felt private, was quiet, very clean, and comfy.
People need to keep in mind that you may see something crawly but you are staying in jungle developed into a city or island resort. The scenery, peace, and delightful staff far surpass anything else. My only regret was that I wish we could have stayed longer. Next time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GenevieveZ1
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Pelican beach is on the water and there is sand and palm trees there but it is not anyone's idea of a beach. As it is on the lagoon and just north of Dangriga the water is often nurky and certainly no place to snorkel.
The hotel is old but clean and the staff are are very good.
We were only there for one night and we had a room #6 that had no outside windows and smelled musty even with the AC going full on.
There were sand flies on the pattio of the restaurant but the hotel provides bug spray and powerful fans to keep them away. This way we were able to eat breakfast lunch and dinner outside
It is very close (300m) to the airport and ideal for a night after returning from Glovers Reef.
There is nothing close by and a fairly long walk back into Dangriga.

Room Tip: Be sure not to get #6!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lizianp
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My wife and I spent one night here while transferring out to Glovers Reef. The hotel was very mediocre: we didn't really like Dangriga at all, our room smelled kind of unpleasant, service was blah and there was some type of animal running across our ceiling intermittently. We were extremely happy that we had no more than 18 hours there and if we could go back in time, we would have made sure we had no more than 18 minutes there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank El_Chief72
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

My daughter and her fiancée were married here January 11. The venue was perfect! The staff made the celebration so personal! The cost of the wedding and dinner afterward was beyond reasonable. The beach, while small, was clean and picturesque. The dock was PERFECT. We paid much more for a stay at a private caye later ....but I would say save your money as the Pelican was just as comfortable and scenic. The rooms were modern and reasonably priced...air conditioning, room refrigerator, great little restaurant, friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely stay again. One small drawback was spiders in the room.... But room was beachfront, so this could just be part of the territory.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Ruth977
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We (couple, 40 & 50 years old) stayed at Pelican Beach Resort in November 2013 for two nights. We paid US$100 a night. Our room was clean and average sized. The furnishings were a little bit worn and dated. We had a semi-private balcony looking directly over the beach but it was over the restaurant and a bit noisy. The bathroom was large but also a bit worn; the water was hot. The beds were comfortable. The staff was helpful and friendly. The restaurant serves good food. The hotel is a long walk from the center of town and taxi rides costs US$5. Pelican Beach is a nice resort type hotel and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Dangriga who is looking this level of hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dangriga
Chaleanor Hotel
#5 of 11 in Hopkins
Blue Marlin Beach Resort
Blue Marlin Beach Resort
#2 of 2 in South Water Caye

Been to Pelican Beach - Dangriga? Share your experiences!