“Freshest Fish you could Get!!!”
Review of Omar's

Omar's
Ranked #18 of 73 Restaurants in Placencia
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Austin, Texas
“Freshest Fish you could Get!!!”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

When we walked up the owner was walking in with a bucket of Fresh Fish just caught at the pier! He was such a nice guy :) My husband ordered the Chicken Curry ( I will sooooo Get that next time we are there) I had the Fresh fish fillet with coconut rice and black beans (seems to be the normal there) It was hands down the very best fish I've ever had in my life!!!! I took a few bites of my husbands curry and it was to die for- flavors we just do not have around where we live. I cannot wait to go back- we loved the village and it rained every day we were there had to wade through town ankle deep in water for 2 days. Can't wait to go back!!! We had huge portions, and drank water (their water is purified) and our meal was $16 including the tip!!! It was fantastic!

• Visited October 2013

Hale, Michigan, United States
“Best fry jacks ever”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Our favorite breakfast place in Placencia. The fry jacks were to die for & the homemade guava jelly was the best, bought some to bring home. everything we had was great, especially loved the lime juice with breakfast.

• Visited October 2013
Bath, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh Caught Seafood”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I ate at Omar's because of the fresh caught seafood that changes daily. We both had crab dishes, cooked in different sauces. It was definitely fresh and the flavors were great. My only complaint is about the small pieces of shell scattered through the dish that I kept chomping down on. This seemed to be a trend among home-style restaurants in Placencia, though. Great service.

• Visited June 2013
“Barracuda”
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

A friend told me that I should check out Omar's place. I was not disappointed. I had a plate of barracuda in curry sauce. Unbelievable!

• Visited August 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Enjoyed dinner and local food”
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

6 of us had dinner. Pretty good all around. Barracuda in curry was tasty but LOTS of very sharp bones - probably won't try that again but the other meals were very good. Amazingly the seaweed shake was actually pretty tasty! Pictures that have been posted are very consistent with what we had as well.

• Visited September 2013