“Good food and comfy place”
Review of Omar's

Omar's
Ranked #19 of 73 Restaurants in Placencia
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Edmonton, Canada
“Good food and comfy place”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Tasty food with cheap price. They don't sell alcohol but you can bring your own drink and hang out with friends there.

Visited April 2014

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Taste of Belize”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I would say this was more like dining at a local's home than dining out at a restaurant which for me is a unique experience. Very bare bones place, but the food & service was good. Only downside was they did not serve beer or alcohol and I like to have a cocktail with dinner. I'm sure with how laid back everything is there you could bring your own. I had the curry shrimp & rice and it was very filling. Good flavors & nice portions. Not the best seafood I've had, but again, if you want to really taste everyday local cuisine then stop in here. I promise it's good.

• Visited May 2014
Austin, Texas
“Slow Service, Cold Food, Small Portions”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We were saving Omar's for our last night here, because it seemed to be the busiest in nights past. Aside from location, I can't understand why it has so many customers. We started off being ignored by the waitress. She was standing around for a bit until the manager nudged her, pointed at us and over she came, without a sour look. She took our order and we waited quite a while for the food. When she did bring it over, the beans were cold, as in, maybe right out of the refrigerator. The amount of fish we received for $25 was disappointing and the sauce was bland. My water glass was never refilled and was empty before the meal began, after the long wait for food. I paid the ticket, and for the first time this week, I did not tip, even as the waitress stared at my money not going into the tip container.

If you want Creole, I recommend Wendy's, further down the road, just past the soccer field. We ate there Tuesday Night and wished we eaten there again instead of Omar's.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank mark c
“Fresh fish caught that day!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Omar serves whatever fish he has caught that day! I had a simple fish sandwich with red snapper. It was simple but delicious!! A healthy version of the fast food fish sandwich!

Visited May 2014
Tartu, Estonia
“Good Fish, Bargain prices”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Make sure you know what you order and remind them not to over cook the fish and you will have a great dinner. Remember to bring your own drinks with you if you want wine or beer as that is not served here. Also, the whole fishes are normally better than filets

Visited March 2014