“O.M.G. !!!”

Maya Beach Hotel Bistro
Ranked #3 of 73 Restaurants in Placencia
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, View, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We're certainly far from perfect, but we do try our best to create a winning experience for every single customer, whether they are hotel guests, Belizean neighbors or travelers staying at other hotels. Try pairing small plates with wines, choose from our creative main courses, or just enjoy some comfort food for breakfast or lunch. It's fun for us to meet new people and, well, just make them happy! Our casual beach bistro focuses on unique sauces and contemporary, tropical-themed flavor combinations while maintaining comfortable portions. Lots of fish and seafood. Bar service includes a 130-bottle wine list, local beer, rum drinks, and house specials. The outdoor atmosphere is casual so you can be comfortable in flip flops. Belize's "Restaurant of the Year" award was presented twice to the Bistro in June 2011 and May 2013.
Ottawa, Canada
“O.M.G. !!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Did I go to heaven for a little bit biting into that food? Yes. Yes I did. And it was a lovely place, let me tell you. It melted onto my tongue first, then slid into my tastebuds (I don't know if they actually open but it doesn't matter, what they were experiencing was amazing), and I was transported.The meat was perfect.Tender. Succcccculent. I don't even know what the meal was listed as, as I was too busy savoring and forgot, but I know it had pork and some kind of fancy, delightfully light and flavourful corn bread. Show them my photo and they'll recognize it so you can order it. This chef is talented. Extremely talented. The sauce was MADE for this meal, it complimented it perfectly. Tangy and delicious. I seriously did not know I was a foodie until I went to Placencia, but this restaurant stood out among the rest. I haven't eaten many things in my entire life that tasted that good. I highly recommend the Bistro. My companion was just as impressed with his shrimp dish (Bisque??) as well. Man I enjoyed that. When I go back this year I am heading for this place again. The hostess came and introduced herself and asked how we were enjoying everything, and they let us take our drinks out onto the pier afterward to enjoy the view out there. It was all so marvelous. Go. Seriously, go there.

• Visited May 2014

Vancouver, Canada
“simply spectacular”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This beautiful Beachwood restaurant boasts a Chef who is has got a crew of staff that turn out some of the best food I have eaten anywhere. Located in Maya Beach Belize, the main building is easily missed if you are not paying attention. Its almost hidden completely by its beautiful hedge, but once found you will always be able to find it. A huge deck wraps around the main building. Breakfast lunch and dinner this bistro has outstanding food with incredible flavors. The portions are extremely fair for the prices. We are there several times in or stay there and were never disappointed We highly recommend this bistro for light snacks and sumptuous classic dinners they can do it all, you won't be disappointed

• Visited February 2014
Medford, OR
“So Delicious...”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We dined here twice during a recent stay in Maya Beach, Placencia... Every dish exceeded our expectations. Views & service were also top notch.

• Visited February 2014
New York City, New York
“Best food in Maya Beach!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Hands down the best food, ambiance and service of any if the restraints I visited in Maya Beach in my recent trip to Belize. The waitstaff was courteous and attentive without bring overbearing a do the fluid was delicious. You must try the fish tacos. Just amazing!

Washington state
“Slice of food heaven”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I'm living in Punta Gorda, Toledo District, Belize so coming north to Placencia and Maya Beach was a real treat. Three times I experienced the divine breakfast, with lovely fruit, interesting and satisfying shrimp & grits, and to-do-for cinnamon roles. I also treated myself to one dinner there and sample several appetizers and enjoyed the only glass of red wine I've had in Belize. The coconut/pumpkin/chili soup has so many favors in each spoonful - GET IT! The staff are friendly and helpful and very attentive. Setting is top notch. Highly recommend.

• Visited March 2014