“Fab dinner on our honeymoon...”
Review of Rumfish y Vino

Rumfish y Vino
Ranked #8 of 74 Restaurants in Placencia
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Rumfish y vino is centrally located in the Placencia Village Square. Overlooking the ballfield has a festive and breezy atmosphere, and a cool ecclectic soundtrack. A GASTRO-BAR Central American style. From tapas & wine...to frosty draft beers & fish tacos, there is something for everyone to enjoy! AMAZING handcrafted cocktails made from fresh fruit infusions and housemade extracts. Ginger, Cocomut, Pineapple, Watermelon Mojitos and more. Small plates style dining plus great entrees and fresh and inspired specials daily. A place for locals and tourists alike. Rumfish y vino proudly imports all of their own wines too. Outdoor and indoor dining, and a big central bar with comfortable seating for dining or just enjoying a few Watermelon Mojitos!
Reviewed 1 November 2009

My husband I stayed at the Turtle Inn for our honeymoon. We wanted to try some restaurants in the area and ask the hotel staff where we should eat and they recommended Rum Fish y Vino. I am so glad they did! We loved everything about this place. The owners are so nice and friendly and took the time to come to our table and chat with us. The food was amazing! The price was reasonable and I thought well worth what we got. Great meal, great atmosphere, great owners, and great drinks. What more could you ask for?

2  Thank food_lover_in_LA

Reviewed 8 October 2009

I stayed in Placencia in March 09, am going back in 2 weeks. While I was there I discovered Rumfish, a cute open air resturaunt & bar. The owner is from California and was very friendly and welcoming. The food is a little pricy but very delicious! I had the conch fritters, soooo good! Next time I will try the conch ceviche.

2  Thank NattyATX
Reviewed 31 August 2009

We visited Placencia in late June for some of the world's best fly fishing. I actually got a Grand Slam on the water (caught all 3 of the most elusive fish) and topped my perfect day with dinner at Rumfish y vino. My companion and I enjoyed a variety of "tapas" items- ceviches, pate, etc. all of which were amazing. Finished the evening with chef prepared lobster tails in a diablo sauce- fantastic! The Mojitos were the best I've had ever (they are known for them) and my wine connoissuer friend had a ball picking wines from their wine list- they import all of their own. The owners were gracious and attentive, as was the staff. The atmosphere is awesome and the music unbelievable- perfect for the setting. We went to two other restaurants on the trip, and returned to Rumfish each evening for the rest of our stay. Our November trip back to Placencia is already booked and we can't wait to be back at Rumfish- it's the perfect place to spend the evening after a long day on the water!

2  Thank phbcaptain
Reviewed 26 August 2009

Rumfish has a nice atmosphere and happy hour was great so we returned for dinner. The food was a big let down, my girlfriend had seafood and was sick for days. Poor quality and value. Place looks like it could be great, but unfortunately we were very dissapointed, so bad that we would not recommend anything other than drinks, wine and some bar snacks.

Reviewed 3 June 2009

On my last trip to Belize, I discovered Rumfish y Vino and LOVED IT! It is right in the middle of the village and by far has the best food and atmosphere. The seafood is so fresh it's unbelievable and the menu offers a wide array of Belizean-inspired cuisine mixed with gourmet ingredients. The Rumfish Bruger is out of this world! The restaurant is warm and welcoming, with a romantic, festive and tropical atmosphere. I would recommend it to anyone visiting Placencia.

1  Thank Kellina777