“Great Place to Stay in Placencia”
Review of One World Rentals

One World Rentals
Ranked #5 of 26 Placencia B&B and Inns
Belize City, Belize
“Great Place to Stay in Placencia”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Every time I go to Placencia, I stay at One World.

The place is just so well built and maintained.

This time I took my family and we stayed in 3 of their two person rooms, although if I had booked earlier they told me that bigger rooms would have been available.

The rooms are well fitted with a small kitchen so I couldkeep all our drinks cold in the fridge and I cooked myself breakfast every day on the cooker.

I live in Bellize City and drive to Placencia ad One World is easy to get to, well located right in the middle of Placencia (for night time places to eat, ice creams and early morning coffees) and it even has a lot where I can park my car off the road and be close to the rooms.

Room Tip: The studio room downstairs have quuen beds that are good for a couple but if you have grown kids you...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank GordonK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Vancouver
Reviewed 21 February 2013

My boyfriend and I had booked 3 nights here in January, but we ended up staying for 6! I felt this place is a little hidden gem in the middle of Placencia. The room was bigger than we expected and had a full kitchenette with dishes, a sink, fridge, microwave and stove top. Because the place is meant more for long term stays, there is no daily cleaning service. However, you can leave your towels out when you want them replaced and request the bed sheets changes whenever you want. For us, we didn't have a problem with this as we don't need new towels every day and it was stocked with about 8 towels to begin with. There is a do it yourself laundry facility on sight, which we felt super useful as we had run out of clean clothes, and the owner was very helpful and pleasant. It is very centrally located within walking distance to the beach, stores, restaurants and the best ice cream place in the entire world! Considering the place was prefect for us, I felt paying $50 US a night was a steal! I would absolutely recommend One World Rentals.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rachaelstorm
canada
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Great little gem of palace right in the village, but you would never know it, very quite....Claudia went above and beyond to accommodate us, as our original property we had booked a year previous was a nightmare when we reached Placencia for our month long holiday..Claudia accommodated us on last minute reservations...We are so thankful we landed here.....Rosetta who works for Claudia is also very helpful, so between her & Claudia, they really want to make you feel comfortable...Our room was very comfortable, laundromat is right here, and being in the middle of the village very handy to everything....very affordable .....highly recommended

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank letstravel2010
Northborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I stayed in a One World Studio for 10 days and it was my best Caribbean experience so far (and I've had lots!) The studio is affordable, clean, convenient, modern, and easy to live in. I cooked many meals there, as I was on a budget, and it was no trouble. There's virtually everything you need at your fingertips. For two or more people I would recommend the larger apartments, but for one the studios are affordable and perfect.

The thing I enjoyed most was the ability to have privacy AND the availability of interesting people to chat with right outside my door. People hang out in the sandy little courtyard and I enjoyed many a morning and evening conversation there. There's also an outdoor hammock for every rental and I took full advantage.

Claudia Hardegger is perhaps the best owner/hostess I've ever met. She works extremely hard every day to keep the place clean and pleasant, and to keep her residents happy. She's the consummate professional who knows how to organize and stay on top of things. Among the things she did for me were changing money (I prefer to carry Belize dollars), calling taxis, and helping with my laundry (there are public machines next to her office.) When I expressed an interest in sailing, she showed up with a friend who was going out that day and he offered to take me along for free! She's an excellent communicator too. She gave me invaluable information via email before I went to Placencia, and continued to talk to me about places she likes to hang out when I arrived. When she found out I'm an author, she reacted with an active interest and delight that warmed my heart. She even read two of my books while I was there, and then put them in her One World lending library for others to enjoy. It's a rare gift to stay with someone who genuinely cares how her customers are doing and will go out of her way to show it.

If you're looking for an affordable, intimate, friendly place to stay, look no further than One World.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank doglady14
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Great rooms, very spacious. Clean beds. Clean bathroom. Not a lot of bugs, but bugs are inevitable everywhere in Belize. Centrally located, near everything.

The owner Claudia is friendly, helpful and not looking to rip anyone off.

I highly recommend this place in Placencia.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Billy T
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Great rooms with small kitchen area and table, and everything you need for a few days relaxation. One World is run by the quirky Claudia who is on hand to help with anything you need. NIce boutique shop and laundry facilities. Claudia even lent me her bike - shame that I then ended up getting bitten by a dog on the way out to the airport whilst birdwatching. One World is right behind Rumfish and a gentle stroll from the beach and everything else you need.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank MarkEreira1818
Excelsior, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 December 2012

We stayed for 10 days in November. Our original room was a smaller studio unit on the lower level . When we arrived Claudia upgraded us for no extra charge to the Blue Angelfish unit. I can't say enough nice things about this unit. Very clean, comfortable, and well stocked. We especially enjoyed the screened in porch. Claudia was very accommodating and checked us frequently to make sure we had everything we needed. I also felt the unit was very safe and secure.

It's a short walk to the beach and has a great central location.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple