“Perfect in Placencia”

Ranked #10 of 27 Placencia B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Perfect in Placencia”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My daughter and I have spent a week at One World and loved it. Claudia keeps the property spotless and goes out of her way to make sure you are very well taken care of. We rented a one bedroom and it was perfect. The location is outstanding, central to everything in the village and only a minute or two walk to the beach. We much preferred being on main street. I arranged everything with Claudia over email and she even offered to take care of purchasing our Maya Island air tickets from Belize City to Placencia. That was so helpful! For the practicals, kitchen is fully stocked, AC cools fast, water pressure is solid, screened porch with hammock is dreamy. Great find, this will alway be our choice to stay in Placencia.

Room Tip: We really liked the upstairs apartment, especially the second story porch.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Suzi P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We only stayed one night here, but I wish I would have stayed here the entire trip! The A/C actually WORKS. With a remote control - and is QUIET. The bed is comfy, lots of windows and natural light. Hot water, nice bathroom - you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jay K
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at One World Rentals in Placencia in May of this year and absolutely loved it. It's the perfect option for people who don't want middle of the road priced-accomodations, and is suitable for just a person or two, or families. The entire place is clean and well-maintained, the beds are comfortable, there is A/C as well as fans, hot and cold water, tv with surprisingly a lot of clear American channels, and our room had a kitchennette. It was great that we didn't have to eat out every night or morning. We just went to the grocery store down the street and got lots of our own food and drink to cook there. It is not beachfront, but still super close, and has a little courtyard with chairs and each room on the main levels has their own hammock.
I would HIGHLY recommend staying here! Do it!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hurley_forever
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We were in Placeencia right before Lobster Fest, no rooms!! We took an impromptu trip to Placencia, with no hotel reservation. Luckily we stumbled on to One World. Nothing fancy, but clean, cold AC, great location, and Cheap!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ectheriot
Boise
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We arrived in Placencia without booking ahead and after many hours in transit on bus from Belize Zoo (the James Bus Line and Hokey Pokey) in hot weather. Needless to say we were grouchy! After looking up and down the sidewalk street, we were about to make our final decision but I opted to wander inland for the ATM first and stumbled upon One World. What tremendous luck! The larger, separate house (purple) near the laundry was open for our three night stay and was ideal. Our family of four would have loved spending the entire vacation there, and we rarely all agree on ANYthing. Claudia and her staff (forgot her name!) were incredibly helpful, laundry machines were a blessing, and the actual room with full kitchen (oven even produced a wonderful birthday cake for us), two very comfortable beds, great shower, cable TV and AC were amazing.

I loved being in the center of town, near everything but still peaceful and mostly quiet. My husband loved access to the Pickled Parrot for cheap drinks, and our kids loved proximity to the Shak for the best smoothies ever and being right next door to the Tutti Frutti gelateria for incredible gelato.

Would consider another visit to Placencia again just to stay in these accommodations--the best of our entire trip!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank bugsrugs
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at One World Rentals and rented a 1 bedroom studio for 2 weeks and it was so comfortable. Claudia is the nicest person you could meet and her staff was so friendly. If you needed anything, they would go out of their way to make you had what you needed. I would recommend this place over any other place in Placencia because it is conveniently located in the center of the village. We had our own kitchen so we cooked most of our meals in our little studio. It had air conditioning, cable TV, and free WiFi. If you are looking for an inexpensive, quiet, and friendly place, THIS IS THE PLACE TO STAY.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 0815melanie
Kentville, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Stayed at this place in a small studio rental for 9 days while on a diving trip in Placencia at the end of May 2013. I booked this place by emailing the owner directly myself )got her email from the One World Rentals website. The owner, Claudia, was very helpful and friendly, and she responded promptly to all my email questions prior to my arrival. Upon arrival, she made me feel very welcome and right at home, and checked in on me on a couple of occasions to make sure everything was going well and to see if I needed anything during my stay in Placencia.

I rented a studio room which included everything you could possibly need while staying in Placencia....full kitchenette, 4 burner stove top, microwave, small fridge, coffee maker, complete set of dishes (plates, bowls, cups, mugs) and utensils, pots and a frying pan, all necessary cooking utensils including scissors and a wine bottle opener, kitchen cleaning supplies, towels (kitchen, bathroom and beach), bedding, separate private bathroom with shower and soap and toilet paper included, small tv, air conditioner, large fan, big umbrella, your own personal hammock which you could doze in out in front of your unit, and your own adirondack chair outside your door. All appliances worked great, but I didn't turn the tv on at all so can't comment on what's available for viewing or how it worked. The price was very reasonable, especially for all that was available in the room; I paid just over $500usd for 9 nights.

My studio room was very clean upon arrival (you do not get daily cleaning services as it is not a hotel, so you are responsible for maintaining things yourself once you are there, but they did come in one day and change the towels and bedsheets, and I was told that if I needed anything changed to let them know as well and they would that for me). There is a small you-do / we-do laundromat located right at One World, and they also have small gift shop and book exchange library onsite. The bed was very comfortable. I had no problems with noise and never heard the people above me or beside me. If you have the windows opened, you can hear people walking by outside to their room as it is pea-gravel walkways around the buildings. There is a small bar located near One World which I could hear the music playing from in the evenings when in my bathroom but I could not hear anything when in my main room where the bed is located, and it seemed to shut down by late evening (11pm or so) so was not a problem for sleeping.

This place is not a hotel but rather is a small collection of rental units with several house-sized buildings built around a small central courtyard. Each building has two smaller studios (but good in size for one to two people) on the ground floor and a larger unit on the entire upper floor. It is not located directly on the beach but is only less than a 5 minute walk to the beach. It was a $6usd / 3 or so km taxi ride from the Placencia airport and is located right near the end of the Placencia strip and is near to many restaurants if you wish to dine out (or you can get food at the grocery store which is a 3 or so minute walk away and cook your own meals in your studio room). There are also nearby many small craft and souvenir shops, a Scotia Bank and another bank both with international ATMs, several small grocery stores, a number of tour shops that can arrange land or water trips for you, several dive shops (a couple are a few km away but they will pick you up each day for diving...I dove primarily with Avadon who did pick me up every day as they are about 1-2km away from One World, plus I did 2 days of whale shark diving with Seahorse and they are just a 3 minute walk from One World). There is also an awesome gelato shop right in front of One World called Tutti Fruiti...you gotta go there for sure! Other places I ate at and/or had a couple bevies at and that were within a very short walk away were the Barefoot Bar, The Purple Space Monkey, The Secret Garden, De Barcelona Tapas Bar, The Tipsy Tuna, and Wendy's.

I would recommend this place to anyone interested in staying in an affordable place while in Placencia who doesn't need to be directly on the beach and is looking for a rental type place that is in a great location nearby to everything; I would stay at this place again myself if I go back to Placencia. Thanks Claudia for a nice place to stay with everything I could need there, for your friendliness and helpfulness, and for making me feel welcome!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Dolphin room, it was nicely laid out and had no problems with noise. I think all th...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo