“Absolutely Awesome!!”
Review of Decked Out House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Placencia
Decked Out House
Reviewed 19 July 2012

8 of us stayed at Decked Out House over New Years to celebrate one of us turning 40. It was terrific. The house was great, location was very convenient, it was affordable, Linda and Darryl were super helpful and Placencia was beautiful and so laid back. If you go, make sure you do some tours with Monkey River Alfred. He's the greatest! I'd go back in a second!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jana B

Reviewed 22 March 2012

4 days in Placencia on the main floor (2nd) of the D.O.House was great, though frankly, I could have used just a few more days!
We were surprised that there were just a few screens and lots of big doors, but we kept them open and had virtually no problem with mosquitos, etc. Not sure how that would be in the stiller seasons, without the glorious tradewinds, but it worked beautifully for us. The bikes and the kayaks were a big plus. We were a family of 4, with 2 adult daughters - their sleeping space was a small den with 2 twins which worked fine. Lots of outdoor spaces and good wifi -
Linda was very helpful and accomodating, and the house sitter Darryl had good suggestions for restaurants, etc.
If you're a snorkeler or want to go out fishing, ask for Mark Leslie - he was out collecting lobster and conch and crab for lunch while we snorkeled - the best meal in Belize!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JBhoosier
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I have wanted to visit Belize for as long as I can remember. I'm delighted to say that it was everything I'd hoped for and more. My month long stay at Decked Out House was like a home away from home. The owners, Linda and Charlie were extremely helpful from the time I first inquired about my trip via email to my departure from this paradise, going above and beyond to make my entire stay comfortable and enjoyable. The staff, were friendly, helpful and very accommodating in every way. The house itself is filled with rich mahogany, delightful decorations, and warm touches throughout. It has many windows on all sides that were open to the gentle caribbean breezes at all times, making air conditioning a un needed thing. It is situated in the ideal spot, in a quiet neighborhood, just outside Placencia Village, but close enough to walk to the shops or the beach. Linda has equipped the house with everything you need to live and play, including kayaks, bikes and a canoe. The water off the dock, just outside the front door is clean, warm and perfect to cool yourself on a hot afternoon. The view from the decks that surround the house can take your breath away. With the ocean, the lagoon, the canals, the mountains, the sunrises on one side and sunsets on the other, and everything in between... life is very good in Placencia. I will definitely be returning and definitely be staying with my new friends at Decked Out House!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank 33Lori
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We rented the studio suite for 8 days. Enjoyed our stay.
Swimming off the docks in the calm lagoon was a great way to cool down. Bikes, kayaks, and complimentary wifi at our disposal.
Far enough out of town to be quit, a 5 minute bike to the pier, so close enough to enjoy town too.
House sitter doesn't know as much about area as I expected, he tried to be helpful. Linda, the owner, was wonderful.
Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank DCE77
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I loved the Decked Out House! A group of 9 friends rented the whole Decked Out House for a weekend getaway. We were amazed at all the rooms we kept discovering. We were so enthralled with how beautiful it was that some of us literally sang from the top deck roof. The house was absolutely beautiful both inside and out! The setting between the two canals makes for a beautiful view of the sunrise and sunset over the lagoon and mountains off in the distance. The rooms were very clean and so comfortable. The furnishings and woodwork were lovely. The house-keeper was very nice and accommodating. The house was well stocked with convenient appliances. The price was very affordable. I wish we had the time to stay for a whole week. I wished I could have spent an hour on every porch deck because of the many different beautiful perspectives the house offered. The whole house is a great place to stay for a large family, for a family reunion, or for a group of friends. A couple could also stay in one of the apartments or rooms for a romantic getaway. I would recommend the Decked Out House to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank ThatAllMightBelize
Reviewed 28 April 2010

Great hospitality from the Decked Out House's friendly and accomodating owners. Beautifully designed home built with local exotic timber giving the entire place a rich, inviting and warm ambience. Water, water everywhere!!!! You can swim in your own salt water "pool" right behind the decked out house which is actually a beautiful wide canal that opens to the sea or sit on the opposite side deck and watch the motor boats go by on their way yo town. If you like the beach, a beautiful sandy beach is just a 5 minute walk down the block. No car needed at Decked Out House. Grocery stores, good restaurants and one of the best Ice cream shops in all of Central America are just a 10 - 15 minute walk away. Great relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shabuya
Reviewed 19 September 2009

I stayed in the studio of Decked Out House as a single guy. As I was on budget I booked it because it has a kitchen, is in town and was affordable. I was pleasntly surprised that it was so big and nice. The large deck was the best part. At night the lights reflect off the water that is just a few feet infront of the deck for a killer view. I used the bike every day for not extra charge - and a kayak on a couple of days.

The only drawback is that the main bed is double rather than queen and since I am tall slept on the single which was extra long.

Staff was freinfly and helpful - I would book there again if I am lucky enought to go back to Placencia.

Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo