“Awesome stay....no more words!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Silver Leaf Villa and Cabana

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Placencia
Silver Leaf Villa and Cabana
Rome, Italy
“Awesome stay....no more words!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

My trip: 06 - 10 April 2012 (05 nights)

I originally planned to visit Placencia with my partner, but for some unexpected inconvenient I had to go on my own, eventually. Well, my stay @ Silver Leaf cabana was AWESOME!!

I arrived by sea, sailing with the 3-day Reggamuffin tour from Caye Caulker (other very recommandable experience for sialing, snorkeling & island hopping).

After a very kind and clinet oriented mail exchange with the Silver Leaf owner (Yolie) and manager (Stefano), I met Stefano who manages Silver Leaf when the owner is away. Stefano is also owner of Cilibri hotel in Placencia. This was my initial option as I really fancied the idea of a bungalow by the beach, but I did not book in time and Easter was a busy period (otherwise, it's another very worth place to stay. Furnished with great taste too!).

At Silver Leaf all was just perfect: Stefano welcomed me and introduced me to the cabana.

The cabana is on two levels: downstairs you have the kitchen - dinining room, fully equipped. Upstairs, a colourful double room with fan & tv, plus bathroom. Decoration is done with taste. You can chill out on the wooden terrace, swinging on th hammoc right by the lagoon, or catch some tan on sunbed on the Silver Leaf dock.

Since the Silver Leaf house behind the cabana was not rented, the dock and garden area was all for me :)

Garden area also has a large table, which is roofed. So you can invite friends ovr for a drink or dinner, if you like.

Downstairs I also had access to a store, where I could put my bike or grab a kayak for a water tour. Also, I had free wireless access.

Location is good: Silver Leaf is on the lagoon. Crossed the main road you are right by the beach and the village is either 15 mins walk or 7 mins by bike.

Supermarkets and restaurants are scattered a bit evrywhere along the village, so are most diving operators, so you just have a stroll or a bike tour and enjoy your stay.

Cleaning: two ladies cleaned the cabana right before my arrival. I also had several fresh towels for the bathroom and the beach.

What else can I say, even my neighbors, who are regular customers next door, were so pleasant!

I loved Silver Leaf. It's a quiet place, off the crowd. I had all privacy, felt secure and woke up each day with the birds cirping.

Honestly, I had all comforts a solo traveller may ask for.

Since I came back I have already suggested it to several friends and colleagues and I am happy to post this review. The place & management is worth each word.

If you choose it, you won'tr regret it :)

- Many thanks to Stefano and Yolie!! -

Enjoy your stay!
Sam

Room Tip: There is no A/C in the cabana, but for me this was not a problem as I don't use A/C :) Instead a...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

My husband, daughter and I just returned from a week at the cabana! We loved having bikes, kayak and even books available to use. Stefano was so helpful! He went above and beyond the duties of a caretaker.

Being from Minnesota, MN, USA, the day that the southern Belize lost electricity for several hours and there were no fans -- the cabana was not the most comfortable for us, but such is life.

I would highly recommend this for value, amenties (bikes, etc..) and great service!

It is rather small for three people if you are not use to cabin living as we are in MN. We thought it was great but others may find it crowded.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

A great place to shut down. Not much action is what I wanted and what I got. Great roomy home and well equipped and great location if you want privacy. The best part is meeting Stefano! Helpful and friendly and goes out of his way to make you feel at home. Alors....

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Everett, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

We stayed in the Cabana for a week in December 2011 and it was incredible! As mentioned, the location can't be beat and the amenities of having bicycles and kayaks at our disposal was teriffic. We were able to kayak from the Cabana dock to restaurants/bars in town, which was extremely pleasant and a fun way to get around! The fully-equipped kitchen made making meals and drinks a breeze. Stefano, the property manager, was absolutely wonderful and provided invaluable information. He also asissted us in locating, and having returned, a ring we had lost near the property! Sofia was also extremely helpful and charming!
I couldn't recommend this place more!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gneiss_trip
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

Just left the cabana today. The little house is perfect for a couple. Stefano is jolly and wonderful. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2011
Belize City, Belize
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2011

Silver Leaf Cabana is a home away from home, they have all you could need on a vacation. Fully equipped kitchen, free access to internet, bikes, kayak, games, books, fishing rods, life vest and snorkeling gears what more can you get for the reasonable rate it cost to stay at Silver Leaf Cabana, I would go back tomorrow if I could. Sitting on the veranda or lying in the hammock in front of the canal watching the sun set and the lizards catching each other. I am glad I choose the Silver Leaf Cabana and would gladly stay there again. Great place for a peaceful and wonderful vacation, my kids enjoyed it. Oh and I must not forget Stefano his hospitality was the best.
Belizean Visitor.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Vienna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2011

We staid at Silver Leaf one week in February 2011, and liked it! The villa is conveniently placed in Placencia, far enough from noisy clubs but a few minutes walk from the center.

We specially appreciated the fully equipped kitchen, separated from the room, and the pier which offers swimming and sun-bathing in company of iguanas.

Special thanks to the family owning the place.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple