“If you enjoy good food with a tropical experience- this is it!”

Sweet Dreams Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Placencia
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Marathon, Florida
“If you enjoy good food with a tropical experience- this is it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

My culinary experience at this Swiss bakery has been a pleasurable surprise. The coffee, breakfast rolls, cinnamon rolls, I love cinnamon rolls, whole grain breads are a treasure to behold all to be enjoyed in a paradise like surrounding. One must not forget this bakery does not use preservatives, or artificial flavorings. Not only has my stomach been satisfied but the flavors of the various entries that I ordered, while vacationing in Placencia, create a pleasurable mood in an ideal setting.
Pricing of items on the menu I considered very reasonable when we understand the regressive policies of the Belizean government toward business and its citizenry. Customs on all products imported is at a rate of 50% and the government’s incompetency makes conducting business overly expensive. I am from the Florida Keys and pricing at this establishment is much less expensive than any place I have eaten on the Keys. Eat and enjoy!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank clyde m

Charlotte, NC
“Pricey but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

Had breakfast here, delicious little sandwich shop but breakfast for two set me back 55 BZD.

Visited July 2012
Charlotte, NC
“Pricey but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

Visited July 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Fresh & Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

We found the cinnamon buns and coffee cake to be very fresh and tasty and made with good quality ingredients. Sure, they were a bit expensive but compared to the extremely nasty banana bread that I bought at one of the Chinese grocers that completely ‘molded’ overnight – you get what you pay for! We found the daughter friendly and went back each afternoon to buy our fresh breakfast treats to eat before the next days’ snorkel excursions.

Visited April 2012
California
“I thought it was ok, I mean hey, they're Swiss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Service was fine for me, they seemed eager to help. The reviews below seem harsh. They're euro, they're just a little eccentric man, chill out, I wouldn't be asking for beer at a bakery either. the bagel egg and cheese sandwich was huge and it was actually real good at 12BZ. Yeah it's overpriced so I wouldn't go back but the staff was just fine.

• Visited March 2012