“Nasty service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Sweet Dreams Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Placencia
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
nyc
“Nasty service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

I stopped in here to check out the menu and was treated quite rudely. Spend your money in one of the many other nicely run places in the village.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great Iced Coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

During our month in Placencia, we had the pleasure of enjoying a morning break on the spacious porch several times. I always had an iced coffee and sometimes a home made cinnamon roll. You can't miss this place as you walk the "Main Street" side walk in Placencia. The Swiss German family that run this establishment are very friendly and the longer you talk the more you find out about their passion for natural ingredients. After all, healthy living is one very good reason we go to Placencia.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Roger C
“Attitudes seem to be improving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

Avoided these guys last year but couldn't resist the rolls yesterday. Bought 4 to go and the old guy and the gal working with him were both nice and easy to deal with. He even told me to have a nice day as we were leaving. Wonderful change!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Marathon, Florida
“Quality food, perfect view at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

My culinary experience at this Swiss bakery has been a pleasurable surprise. The coffee, breakfast rolls, cinnamon rolls, I love cinnamon rolls, whole grain breads are a treasure to behold all to be enjoyed in a paradise like surrounding. One must not forget this bakery does not use preservatives, or artificial flavorings. Not only has my stomach been satisfied but the flavors of the various entries that I ordered, while vacationing in Placencia, create a pleasurable mood in an ideal setting.
Pricing of items on the menu I considered very reasonable when we understand the regressive policies of the Belizean government toward business and its citizenry. Customs on all products imported is at a rate of 50% and the government’s incompetency makes conducting business overly expensive. I am from the Florida Keys and pricing at this establishment is much less expensive than any place I have eaten on the Keys. Eat and enjoy!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank clyde m
Marathon, Florida
“If you enjoy good food with a tropical experience- this is it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012