“Going to Belize? Call Mary!”

Destinations Belize
Ranked #21 of 46 Tours in Placencia
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We had already arranged to charter a boat in Placencia and had some extra time to fill in Belize. Mary was invaluable in suggesting and arranging a 5 day visit at DePlooy's Jungle Lodge in San Ignacio along with transportation to the lodge, our sailing destination, and our flight back to Belize City Airport. We were pleasantly surprised with her prompt replies to our many inquiries and her assiduous attention to details. Our only regret was our inability to locate her office in Placencia and thank her personally.

1  Thank wdavis76
There are newer reviews for Destinations Belize

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We just came back from a two week trip to Belize that Mary Toy assisted us with. We contacted her over Christmas and within a matter of days, she had whipped together the perfect itinerary including all of the connections by land and air to take us to San Igacio, Tikal, Ambergris Caye and Placencia. We enjoyed each and every hotel and feel that we got a good deal, better than we could have on our own. I won't hesitate to contact her next time we visit.

1  Thank MissusKitty
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have been here 3 times. It is a nice village with good restaurants and beach bars. We have rented a house on each occassion and enjoyed the miles of beach on which to stroll, as well as the famous sidewalk which is between the beach and main street. The grocery stores and fruit/veg.vendors offer all u need to cook ur own meals. English is main language and money conversiin is easy ..2 BZ to1 US..we r Canadian and have met many other Canadians here. If you like to do your own agenda and not be in a place that is really commercialized than this is it! Beautiful beach, good restaurants, laid back but can go out for dancing, karaoke, live local music and can walk anywhere u need to go. Just a little beach village atmosphere.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Mary as setup a couple of trips for me and has setup trips for multiple friends of ours. She's honest and well tell you like it is. With out budget, we couldn't afford the places she books and she was a great with giving me advice of where to stay even though she wasn't getting a commission for it!

Of course it's possible to setup your own vacation. With multiple flight transfers in-country, though- let Mary put it together for you. I don't want to worry about whether I'll have time to reach my connecting flight- let Mary's expertise guide the way! She'll answer all your questions (I had many), adjust to changing plans, etc.

Also- if you're a fly fisherman traveling to Placencia, Mary can book the best guide in Belize. Benji Eiley is THE BEST SALTWATER guide I've ever fished with. My husband caught a super grand slam with him during our stay. You'll want to book him before your trip or he's almost guaranteed to be booked by the time you're there.

1  Thank kdahl5
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We found Mary throung Tripadvisor. She is just fantastic. Never have an agent responds so fast and clear. She answers all the questions so professional and friendly. She gives good advices based on our requests and she just pulled out a trip for us match every details. It was a great experience of meeting her and Belize.

1  Thank Shuk N