“Delicious Smoothies”

Ranked #15 of 77 Restaurants in Placencia
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: The Shak Beach Cafe's menu boasts bold, flavorful food and smoothies with a healthy appeal, all made to order from the freshest ingredients. We find that superior, simple ingredients including real fruit and veggies set our smoothies apart from the others.
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We ate here every day for 3 days. Breakfast was perfect. They have a wide range of smoothies that are all fresh and delicious. I had the Yoga blend several times. Basic breakfast was great, pancakes, eggs, bacon, bagels with tomatoes, cucumbers and cream cheese. Lunch quesadilla's and taco's were big and filling. Great place for basic flavorful food.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I know The Shak has great ratings, and I do know that my partner enjoyed her food, but I can't say the same. We only had one chance to eat there - not breakfast or lunch. When we stopped for dinner, we were the only diners there. The atmosphere at The Shak is delightful. It's a small and in a pretty spot by the water. Service was fine, but my vegetable dish was really, really poor. None tasted fresh, there seemed to be very little seasoning, and the entire dish was over cooked. I understand the Mexican dishes were quite good, but I'll admit to being disappointed in mine.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Jerk fish tacos made with fresh snapper, with vinegary cabbage on top? Yes please. Also, delicious smoothies and a great view of the harbor.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

What an excellent place. I have not taken a very close look at the very south end of the village by the Docks. Great thatch roof, organic wind chimes and other wall art and a beautiful garden surrounding the dining area. I stopped in for some food and enjoyed a Thai Red Curry dish with Chicken. A plate arrived with a mound of Rice in the center surrounded by crisp vegetables and bite size pieces of Chicken in a Coconut sauce. I like to break up the rice and mix it all together! A filling meal for a mere $20BZ. Need sun? Sit at one of the thatch roof tables outside. Either way you have a view of beach front, the Dock and moored vessels and an interior you want to keep looking at to find the next unique piece of art. Absolutely loved it!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Smoothy was delish! Food was really good also. Nice lunch with a nice view of the harbor. Just walk to the end of the road.