“Great atmosphere, tasty pasta sauce”

The Purple Space Monkey Bar & Grill
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fun and funky in the daytime, with fresh, light lunch options and a family vibe, in the evening gourmets can indulge their individual tastes with Executive Chef Rick Labonte's World menu based on local and organic ingredients and savours, often with a trademark twist. Our attentive staff will make your romantic, celebration or large group dining pleasure their priority, from presentation through to great service. Right in the centre of downtown Placencia, over from the ball-field, our airy and open-plan dining room and smaller terraces are perfect for people-watching or that intimate dinner-for-two...while the superbly-stocked bar will fix everything from beers through fine wines to exotic or Caribbean cocktails...
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The atmosphere at the Purple Space monkey is excellent. A great open air restaurant and bar with friendly people and service that aims to please. I had the snapper ceviche and it was very tasty. A good mix of flavors and pieces of snapper that were bigger than I was expecting. My main dish was the Diavolo pasta with chicken. The diavolo sauce was wonderful, with just enough kick to be exciting, but unfortuantely for me some of the pasta was just a bit under cooked. It wasn't the end of the world and still enjoyed my meal, but was a bit disappointing. Drinks were good, beer was cheap. I would definitely go again.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

great dinning here, many options with the fresh catch of the day always the best option, the amount and fresh food was at a great value, so I ate here often, I was intown for 2 weeks so I was there at least 10 times and never a bad meal, some better than others, but always left full and happy

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Purple Space Monkey has definitely been our favorite since we've been living in Placencia the past month. I haven't cooked much at all, and it is the off season with many restaurants in the area closed until next month. We go there at least 3 times a week for either lunch or dinner. They have a great variety to choose from, very friendly atmosphere, and the cleanest kitchen in Placencia for sure. Chef/owner Rick is meticulous about his food and kitchen and is always introducing new and exciting things. The other owner, John is friendly and hospitable. The wait staff is very good and personable. I have no complaints at all and I can't believe anyone would. We've made so many nice friends at this restaurant. That's what kind of a place it is. The food choices are amazing. From fresh pasta dishes and awesome thin-crust pizzas to sushi and fresh catch and wonderful salads, we never get tired of it. There's always something new to try. Great atmosphere too.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

This place was a more upscale feel than a lot of restaurants on Placencia. They had very good service and just good, solid food. I got Blackened Snapper that was just deliciously prepared. My husband had Thai Red Curry Lobster that he loved, as well.

Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

We stopped here to use the free Wi-Fi and eat dessert + these guys had no problem with us hanging out for ages, nursing our cheesecake. Which was DELICIOUS, one of the best I have ever tasted. Service was friendly plus the restaurant has a great atmosphere.