If you leave this island without trying the Lionfish Tacos you will miss out on one of life's greatest experiences in seafood :-) One day I managed breakfast, lunch and dinner on Lionfish and loved every minute of it.
We stayed in Cabana #4 and it had an ocean view but we spent most of our time on the pier in the hammocks and were sure to stay properly 'hydrated'. The tropical ocean breezes were soothing, the waves lapping on the coral relaxing and the peace and tranquility melt all cares away. I was in the middle of a re-model when I left and I can't say I thought of the carnage back home once!
We never had rain during our stay(6-10th March) but we did in Belmopan and I kinda wished we were on the island to see how it looked(umbrellas are provided, there were two in our room).
Although I didn't think I'd spend any time fishing on the island it turned out to be my biggest activity...besides eating and drinking of course ;-) We didn't go to the fitness center or use the spa facilities so I can't report anything there.
Although we're cat people we looooved the little doggie on the island, it reminded us of our pets at home so he became our pseudo-pet :-) He's quite a cheerful chap and is the unofficial island mascot I'm sure.
Oh! There are a bunch of DVD's at the office, a great selection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private island on the edge of the Silk Marine Reserve, seventeen miles east of Placencia, Hatchet is on the longest reef in North America. Laugh, love, play, explore, relax, rejuvenate, and dine in the island lifestyle you want. with a mile of private shoreline and word class diving and fishing only minutes away. With a pirates past, a hideaway present, and an environmental future, Hatchet offers unspoiled environment for your unforgettable tropical island experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Hotels.com so you can book your Hatchet Caye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hatchet Caye Hotel Placencia
- Hatchet Caye Resort Belize/Placencia