This tiny island between Belize and Honduras was our piece of heaven for 6 days. You really feel disconnected from the rest of the world and the staff make you feel really special. The rooms were amazing, clean and spacious. The food is sooooo delicious - of course, you can't have seafood fresher than that and the presentation is wonderful. The hobie cats, kayaks and scuba gear were all in great working condition.
The boat ride to get back to mainland (45 minutes) was hard because it was raining, but again, the staff makes sure that the luggage doesn't get wet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private island on the edge of the Silk Marine Reserve, seventeen miles east of Placencia, Hatchet is on the longest reef in North America. Laugh, love, play, explore, relax, rejuvenate, and dine in the island lifestyle you want. with a mile of private shoreline and word class diving and fishing only minutes away. With a pirates past, a hideaway present, and an environmental future, Hatchet offers unspoiled environment for your unforgettable tropical island experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Hatchet Caye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hatchet Caye Hotel Placencia
- Hatchet Caye Resort Belize/Placencia