We stayed at Hatchet Caye for 4 nights of a two week Belize vacation. We loved it. The location is spectacular, with beautiful water in every direction, excellent snorkeling and fishing right on the island (caught a bonefish and cast to tailing permit within 100 yards of our room), and world class diving just a short boat ride away. The staff is wonderful and friendly, and went out of their way to make our stay special for the whole family. The rooms are very nice and clean, the drinks were great and we found the food to be quite good, exceeding expectations for a tiny island with 8 guest rooms.
Sean runs an excellent dive operation, and two of us finished our open water scuba certification at Hatchet Caye. We saw nurse and lemon shares, sting rays and eagle rays and even a manta ray! We also went lionfish hunting on the reef, which our 12-year-old son absolutely loved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private island on the edge of the Silk Marine Reserve, seventeen miles east of Placencia, Hatchet is on the longest reef in North America. Laugh, love, play, explore, relax, rejuvenate, and dine in the island lifestyle you want. with a mile of private shoreline and word class diving and fishing only minutes away. With a pirates past, a hideaway present, and an environmental future, Hatchet offers unspoiled environment for your unforgettable tropical island experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hatchet Caye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hatchet Caye Hotel Placencia
- Hatchet Caye Resort Belize/Placencia